6 : moon

oh! is it finally from my point-of-view? how intriguing!

hmm, how i met y/n? and what i think of her? that's a tough question, could you give a simpler one?

no? okay, okay- fine. ugh, you're no fun.

i met y/n in the mafia, when i was an executive. she was a new recruit, assigned under me. I didn't pay much attention to her at first, only until she was promoted to be my secretary. then, i finally noticed her- finally looked at her.

she's a good listener, and she knows her limits. she's good at comforting too, although she says she isn't. liar~

as we were working together closer than before, we grew closer as well. she was so scared of me at first, i found it kind of cute! like a little lamb. an innocent, little lamb- delivered right to me. i liked her company. she got increasingly comfortable the more time we spent with each other, and i enjoyed unraveling her to see her real self underneath those covers.

she's very endearing, and very precious to me.

so when she got shot on that mission, i was devastated. of course, relationships have no purpose in the mafia, so when i showed that moment of devastation, mori punished me heavily. "i have to reform you," he said. "to be my good little demon prodigy. isn't that right, shuuji?"

gross.

i kicked and screamed as i saw her lifeless body on the ground while being dragged away by other port mafia members. chuuya dragged her body away too, for god knows what.

but i know why now.

she had an ability i didn't know of. it wasn't mentioned in her files, but chuuya, that little chibi found it out. her ability, 'Back from the Dead' allowed her to return to life a few days after death, so chuuya had kept her body safe till then.

the catch, was that she wouldn't remember anything- most if not all of her memories being wiped. a system reset.

i realised that when i joined the ADA. i remembered her, but she didn't remember me. i had to forge our friendship again, but that's okay!

chuuya probably wanted to cut her off from the mafia. he and her were quite close in the past, as well. it definitely worked, but y/n suffered greatly on the streets. i could tell due to her memories being unstable.

a sign that her ability was activated multiple times, a sign that she had died multiple times.

but no matter. we- I'll protect her now. she'll be safe again. I can't let my friend suffer, right?

... I don't remember when i first realised my feelings for her, but i dared not to confess. perhaps, that's the reason why i was coughing petals.

 perhaps, that's the reason why i was coughing petals

(a/n: dazai pov? 🌋 chuuyas pov next hehe)

DON'T: republish, copy, translate my work.
IF: my work is on any other platform / you see another book like this, please inform me.