4 : like

(tw: self-harm

(tw: self-harm. (dazai). , death, mentions of gun fights. please read with caution.)

how did i meet dazai, exactly?

that was a question i often thought about, and would ponder on for hours. you know how you first met your best friend a few years ago, but you can't remember how exactly you two met? that's how it's like.

but i had some memories of an interaction- albeit fuzzy and jumbled and all over the place... as though someone wanted me to forget. but i managed to piece the small bits of information i had obtained to form... something.

gunfire all around, and people shouting. i think i see a boy infront of me, extending a hand towards my figure. his fluffy, messy brown hair, bandaged eye and hands...perhaps that was dazai? possibly? surely? I'm unsure of believing in myself.

but before i could grab ahold of his hand, i had gotten shot in the head. then screaming, someone's tears on my face, and then someone else dragging me away. my memory ended there.

according to my unreliable memory, i woke up a few days later- wound healed. and that was when i first discovered my ability: 'Back from the Dead'.

...at least i think that's what had happened.

memories are usually a blur to me- i was never able to remember much about my past. but i could remember things clearly from the day i joined the ADA and onwards. that's why this place was special to me. like my second home.

dazai was a silly co-worker when i first saw him at the ADA, although he had gone tense when he first saw me. how intriguing. do you think we've met before? perhaps, he was really the boy in my memories.

it was easy to tell that he was hiding his true self under that persona. nobody really acts like themselves anyway- afraid of society's judgements. i had witnessed dazai's genuine personality on a mission one day, when he was interacting with the boss of the port mafia. it was scary, but alright at the same time. i knew he would never hurt anyone in the ADA.

and i witnessed it again, in the ADA's bathroom. i was incredibly exhausted, having had worked overtime and walked into the male's bathroom on accident. there, i saw a dull-eyed dazai, with a small blade to his wrist. bandages open, i saw the scars littered across his delicate skin, evidence of wars he had to go through with himself. i immediately dashed forward to stop him.

perhaps it was these moments which brought us together. perhaps it was dazai osamu's personality which made me love him. was it his looks? his charm? his intellect? maybe it was all three.

joining the ADA was the best choice I've ever made in my whole life- well, at least for the bits i could remember. this agency was filled with pure warmth and love, and people i could consider family. and i met him, dazai osamu, one of the people i had fallen head over heels for.

i love them so much, more than you could know.

DON'T: republish, copy, translate my work.
IF: my work is on any other platform / you see another book like this, please inform me.