Not that I can simply tell my father I freed him. So this was the only thing I could come up with at the moment and ask.

His pen that was gliding on the paper stopped the moment the words came out of my mouth. He raised his face to look at me as a furious expression took over his face.

"What did you say?" He grabbed his ask tray, "Sell that lad to someone else?" He threw it in my direction and even though I tried to avoid it, it still ended up hitting the side of my head.

"AH!" I groaned in pain and stumbled backwards but didn't fall down.

He slammed his hands on his desk and stood up, "Do you have any idea how expensive that boy was?!" His anger was rising but he stopped when he saw my face. Warm red liquid trickled down the side of my head where he hit me with his crystal ashtray, "A-anyways," I had to close one eye since the blood was getting into it, "Don't ask stupid things and get out."

He sat back down on his chair and began to do his work again. The room was once again filled with the sound of scritch scratch of the pen, "Yes..." I replied and walked out of the office.

Placing my hand on the side of my head, I closed the door behind me.

Well, that didn't work.

I don't even know why I thought I might be able to get anywhere with him. He was always unreasonable...

I pursed my lips in defeat.

I'll need to come up with something else. I couldn't see properly but I still continued to walk down the corridor.

Maybe I can fake his death?? That could work. Death is a sure fire way of keeping anyone from searching for a person. Do I have any other options?

I need to act fast, Tracy asked me about Hael and she's been pestering me since yesterday.

And while thinking, I bumped into someone, "Ah," With half of my view blocked, I couldn't immediately see who I bumped into, "Sorry,"

"You never apologized before," The man's voice made me freeze in my path. I removed my hand from my eye and shot my head to look at him.

Hael

Through my half bloody vision I stared at him in disbelief.

How the hell is he already back!!??!

"My Lady," His fingers traveled towards me, "Did the Master do this?" The tip of his finger tapped on my head.

"Why the hell are you here?" I was shocked. I was not expecting this.

"Where else would I be, if not by your side?" He answered and pressed his finger on my wound, making it hurt.

"Ah!" I slapped his hand away from me, "What do you think you're doing?" I glared at him but in return he chose to just stare at me.

"How did you get back so fast?" I asked.

"I just went to the market," He chose to ignore what I meant, "I'm not back early."

What? What the hell is he saying? The market? The momentary confusion gave away to understanding when I saw a group of maids pass by us.

Ah...

So he's pretending I never did that. If words get out, I would be in danger.

"You-" I wanted to say something more but paused. I don't think he'll give me the answer I want.

Besides, I already know he used magic. But, can he use such an advanced teleportation technique on his own?

Dread filled my mind but I had no way to confirm it. I didn't want to say anything that would give me away.

Once the maids were out of sight, he spoke again, "Ah, right," He got something out of his pocket and placed it around my neck, "You can have this back."

I didn't have to look down to see that he had once again returned the gemstone to me. It didn't make sense to me. For sure he wanted freedom without consequences. Why else would he kill everyone?

But when I give it to him. He doesn't take it.

"You should get that treated," My trickling blood reflected in his eyes, "I'll do it for you." He reached out to me but I moved away.

"It's fine," I began to walk away, "Send Tracy to my room." He didn't follow me but I could feel his gaze on me. It was intense, almost predatory, and it made my skin stand up but I chose not to look back at him.

***

Hael watched as Tracy did my bandage. I watched him back while trying to ignore the pain. Tracy was rough, she didn't care that she was hurting me.

Scratch that, she might even be doing it on purpose but I chose not to focus on it.

"Done," Tracy slapped the last tape on my head, making my whole body jolt.

This bitch!!

"Leave," I glared at her and she rolled her eyes, grabbed the first aid box and walked out. I was sitting on my bed and didn't get up from there.

Hael stood by the wall

"There should have been no fear in your mind this time," I said, "Why- and how?" I asked, "Did you come back?"

"I came back the same way you sent me away," His face was blank at the moment and I couldn't tell what he was feeling, "And I came back because I'm loyal to you."

The same way I sent him? As if, The scroll I got from the shop was expensive, there's no way a slave would ever be able to afford it.

And I know full well, that it's not out of loyalty. He hates everyone in this mansion.

So what could there possibly be for him to come back again?

I watched him with my arms folded as he made his way to me. He locked his eyes with mine and passed me a smile. For a slave, he was awfully pretentious. I never paid attention to this before but he was never fearful of anyone, even though no one treated him right. I guess he's confident in his powers and that they will grow.

He crouched down in front of me, placing his hands over my knees.

"Don't worry," I looked down at him as he spoke, "I will not be leaving as long as my lady is alive," He passed me a smile, a smile that seemed sinister as I noticed the hidden meaning behind his words.

Ah

My heart fell to the pit of my stomach. I would not have noticed it if it was the past me. I would be over the moon at the moment.

But not me.

The realization hit me as we stared into each other's eyes.

That's why he's not leaving

He's already made up his mind to stay and kill us all