Chapter 5.7: Are you sure it's safe?

Comenzar desde el principio

You both settled into the computer lab, turning on the monitor and soft clicks on the CPU while taking a seat near the computer.

Sooha: "Alright, let's get down to work. Let's distribute the report in parts. Any specific idea for the project?"

Y/n: "I was thinking of starting with the research and outlining the main points."

Sooha: "Sounds good. I'll work on gathering some reference materials."

As you both delved into your respective tasks, the atmosphere in the computer lab felt focused and productive. The silent room was replaced by the continuous tap-tap of keys and the soft mouse clicks.

Sooha: "Did you catch that part about the citation format the teacher mentioned?"

Y/n: "Yeah, I think it's APA style. I'll look it up to make sure we get it right."

Sooha: "Great. Let me know if you find any good sources."

You started typing away, occasionally glancing at the clock. The minutes turned into hours as you worked on your project.

Sooha: (yawning) "Time flies when you're buried in research, huh?"

Y/n: (stretching her shoulders) "Definitely. I've got many key points. What about you?"

Sooha: (smiling) "Got some solid references. I think we're on the right track."

Y/n: (Resting her back on chair) "I'm calling it for today. We can pick up where we left off tomorrow after school."

Sooha: (looking at the clock) "Works for me. It's already 6 pm, we should head home fast!"

You both saved the progress, shutting down your computers, and left the computer lab.

The sun had dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the path. As you walked through the quiet valley towards your homes, you felt uneasy and thought someone was following you.

You tried glancing over your shoulder but found nothing other than a dimly lit landscape and an empty road.

Sooha: "Hey, Y/n, you seem nervous."

Y/n: "Yeah, it's just... I thought I heard something, like footsteps behind us."

Sooha: (continued walking) "It's nothing. Let's go through the valley; it's a shortcut. We are already late, and it's getting dark."

Y/n: (worried) "Are you sure it's safe?"

Sooha: (noticing Y/n's unease) "Is everything okay?"

Y/n: (nervous) "I don't know, Sooha. It just feels like someone's watching us or following us since we left school."

Sooha: (looking around) "Really? I don't see anyone. Maybe it's just your imagination since you are tired."

Y/n: (nervous) "Maybe. Let's keep walking, but stay alert."