1.5 ✧ calum?

- Jessica -

"Calum it's-" i got cut off. "Jessica, what happened?" he asked, seriously. "what's this?" he tried to remain calm, but i knew he was furious.

i looked down and bit my lip. "fine, i'll tell you..but promise me you won't send me home or anything." i looked up at him. "i promise, now tell me." he frowned.

"so i woke up and ate breakfast and started to watch tv, but then i heard someone bang on the door like crazy.they were yelling my name. i was scared." a lump formed into my throat and tears rolled down my cheeks.

"i ran into the bathroom and hit in there..i tried calling you but you didn't answer.." i swallowed the lump. "then, right when i tried calling the police, i heard the door slam open. i knew that if i called he could of heard me."

"wait. who's he?" Calum asked, with his eyebrows furrowing together. "i don't know, all i know is that it was a man. i didn't get to see the face." he nodded and i continued.

"so later, i thought that he was gone since the door closed and i didn't hear any noise. i was calming myself down and then i heard someone standing right outside of the bathroom say, 'i'll get you.' and then, the footsteps walked away and then i heard the door slam shut, so i knew he was gone now. i took a knife with me in case and looked around, but no one was there. when i went to lock the door i found the note and-" he cut me off.

"shh, it's okay. i'm here now." he said, pulling me into a hug. i couldn't help but cry onto his shoulders. i was just so scared, I've never experienced this before. i felt Calum nodding his head back and forth in frustration .

"this is all my fault!" Calum said slamming a fist into his palm.

"no, Cal, it's not. i don't even know who the person was. you have nothing to do with this..nothing's your fault." i rubbed his shoulder. "i shouldn't have left you here." he whispered, his voice cracking a bit.

"Cal, stop blaming yourself, please." i tugged his shirt.

"you could of gotten hurt, or worse.." he looked down.

"but i didn't! come on Calum, none of this is your fault." he gave me a quick peak on the cheek and then pulled me into a hug. "i love y-your presence." he said, stopping himself before saying 'i love you.'

i smiled, but i knew i loved him. i was in love with him. i love when he's about to say it- but stops. i guess he's afraid i won't feel the same way, but i do. and i want to be the first one to say it.

-

the next morning i woke up and saw that Calum was still sleeping. i smiled and got up to go to the bathroom. i needed to relax and i knew the best way to do it, go to the spa they had around the hotel lobby area. i brushed my teeth and hair quickly and then got dressed.

i decided to let Calum sleep and go there myself, it was only ten. i kissed Calum's cheek and wrote a note for him.

i'm downstairs at the spa like thing they have downstairs in the lobby. don't worry about me.

--Jess

i set the note on top of his phone and grabbed my phone and room key before heading to the lobby. i was still scared of elevators, but i overcame my fear surprisingly. thankfully, the elevator journey went fine.

i easily found the spa place. i smiled to myself and a lady asked me some questins before leading me to a room. i decided on just getting a facial, a manicure and a pedicure, i just wanted to keep it simple and fast.

as the lady put this weird scrub stuff on my face i smiled to myself and took a deep, relaxing breath. she told that she would be just back and left the room. i felt something touch my thigh, but i ignored it. i was about to readjust the way i was sitting but i felt someone grab my arm and bring me closer to them. "Calum?" i questioned, startled. i heard the person chuckle. it wasn't Calum.

"could you let me go? you're hurting me." i frowned, struggling to escape the tight grasp. "Calum, let me go. seriously. it hurts." i cried.

"who said it was Calum?" the person chuckled. the voice sounded too familiar, but i couldn't catch who it belonged to. one of the boys maybe? my face turned red and i was scared. the lady wasn't back yet and there were no other workers in the room.

i just stood there, unable to fight the person. "so, you're just gonna keep me like this?" i muttered. "why, you like it?" the person's raspy voice chuckled. "what do you want from me?" i spat. "stop talking." the person warned, tightening their grip on me.

flashbacks flew into my mind. the note. the person. 'i'll get you.'

i almost fainted when i realized that the person holding me must be the same person that threatened me. "so, who's Calum?" the person whispered. "my best friend and boyfriend. why? don't involve him in this." i warned.

"oh no, of course not. and?" the person questioned.

"and?"

"you love him?" the person asked.

when i was silent, the person nudged me. "you love him?" they repeated.

"yes." i quickly blurted, the person chuckled. "he loves you?" he questioned, loosening his grip on me just a little. "i don't know.." i muttered. "why don't you tell him?" the person wanted to know.

"i don't know if he feels the same way." i bit my lip. i didn't even realize that i was talking about all this to some stranger, but i wanted to be honest so he'll let me go.

"when are you gonna tell him?" the person whispered. i also realized that the person whispered when he talked. hiding his identity, maybe?"

"maybe never." i stated flat out, with a lump in my throat. i'm scared of love.

"sorry to break it to you, but you just did."

Calum?

--

1042 words.

i'm thinking about deleting this story??

please vote & comment!

--brittany