0.4 ✦ just us

- Calum -

I parked in a shady spot and looked over at Jessica to see her staring out the window. She seemed pretty sad, so I held her hand and with the other I cupped her cheek. "You okay?" I whispered. "Yeah, I'm just...thinking." Jess muttered.

I knew exactly what she was thinking about. She was thinking about that night and all I could say was shit.

I can't take it anymore, I can't hide my feelings for Jess. I should just tell her now, other than waiting.

I sighed and looked into her lovely eyes. "Fairs?" I bit my lip, for the first time i was really nervous.

"Hmm?"

"I..uh about last night..."

- Jessica -

Fuck, oh my God. He was gonna say it. What do I say? I mean, I love him and all but I'm not sure.

He has been my best friend since forever and I just can't lose that. I can't risk it.

He's been there for me my whole life. The day I almost drowned he saved me. The day at my mom's funeral, he stood beside me and held my hand.

The day I was learning how to ride my bike and I fell, he caught me. The days I've gotten depressed, he let me cry on his shoulder. The day when I had my first break-up, he was there to comfort me.

Everyday of my life, despite how famous and busy he was- he was always here. No matter what. I couldn't just drop that. I just couldn't. How selfish can I be? All this time he probably had crush on me, while I just buried my problems to his face. To think of it, I may like him. Once when he had this girlfriend I got jealous, but that's normal. Right?

Oh god, the way he makes me laugh is crazy, but his laugh is adorable. His smile makes me smile. I get lost in his deep brown eyes every time I see them, his hair is so soft and I love messing with it. His personality is like mine, we know each other like the back of our hands. Fine. I'll admit it. I'm in love with Calum Hood.

"Listen..about that night. I was trying to take care of you but I couldn't help myself when you pulled me on top of you. I just couldn't help myself. Why? Because I like you. I've liked you for the past few months. Hell, I've always liked you but I'm just now realizing it. I know you're probably thinking exactly what I am, our friendship. Please don't worry about that. If anything happens, I promise you, I'll always be your best friend. But I really, really like you Jess. I'm hoping you like me too...will you go out with me?" Calum held his breath, nervous. I don't think he could believe what he had just said. He probably thought I was going to say no. "Jessica I'm sorr-" I cut him off by crashing my lips onto his.

Well, I had to shut him up somehow. But instead of giving him a long speech this has to of answered his question. He leaned in closer, pulling into my shirt. He ran his fingers along my jawline and held my face with the other. This was the perfect moment. The sun was out, a little breezy, we were on the beach alone. no paparazzi, no people. Just us.

--

584 words.

please vote & comment!

--brittany