Instead of replying, Oliver simply smiled wider as he began pulling her toward the entrance. By the stairs, he spotted Gabriela and Stiles waiting for them, the former bouncing on the heels of her feet enthusiastically. Stiles simply watched her with a grin.

"Gabbi! Stiles!" Oliver called out, successfully capturing their attention.

Lydia followed him over to them, nodding approvingly as she took in the Pérez girl's appearance. "Lilac is definitely your color, Gabbi. And those shoes are really cute on you." she complimented, making Gabriela blush.

"Thanks," she murmured shyly. "I almost twisted my ankles learning to walk in them," Gabriela admitted with a sheepish grin. She took in the older girl's appearance. "You look stunning, Lydia. Jackson's an ass for not noticing how out of his league you are." Stiles tugged at her arm impatiently and she rolled her eyes and smiled. "We should probably head inside."

The music blared through the gym and there was already a ton of people inside, dancing and having fun. Oliver stared in awe at the disco ball in the ceiling and the long blue and white curtains that hung randomly throughout the room. It looked beautiful and nothing like the plain old gym they used in P.E. class.

Gabriela was quick to pull her phone out of her pocket and snap a quick photo of herself and Stiles, who smiled awkwardly, to send to her friends at school. She smirked as she put her phone on silent and slipped it back into her purse.

"Let's dance!" she grabbed Stiles and pulled him away before he could protest.

Oliver smiled as he watched his best friend stumble as he tried to keep up with Gabriela's surprisingly quick pace. He glanced at Lydia who looked oddly put off by the whole scene as she pursed her lips.

"I'm going to go sit by the tables," she said, offering him a forced smile before leaving him behind in the crowd.

Dumbfounded, Oliver simply stared after her, feeling a pang in his chest as disappointment washed over him. He felt stupid as he hung his head down, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly while hesitantly following her. He'd thought she wanted to go with him because she liked him. But now it was obvious she only wanted to show Jackson that she was perfectly fine without him.

He slumped down in the chair next to Lydia's and watched other couples and friends twirl around happily. Rightfully bummed out, he pulled his phone from his pocket. If he was going to be spending the whole night sitting down, he needed something to keep himself entertained.

🐺

An hour had passed, and Oliver was now questioning his existence. Gabriela had been by with Stiles a couple of times, checking to make sure he was alright sitting there bored out of his mind. They offered for him to dance with them but he'd declined with a huff and stayed feeling sorry for himself in his seat. He could stand being a pathetic nobody but there was no way he was going to third wheel on his sister and best friend's dancing.

Multiple times he had seen them twirling around goofily by the other more proper couples. They got sent weird looks more often than not but neither of them seemed to care as they had too much fun to even notice it. Oliver smiled as he watched his sister throw her head back with a laugh as she hit Stiles' shoulder repeatedly. The Stilinski boy grinned as he chuckled softly along with her. At least they were having fun.

Harley approached Oliver and sat next to him with an annoyed huff. She was dressed in a pretty blue dress and wore her dark hair in a single braid that hung off her shoulder. Upon noticing Oliver's bored mood she raised her eyebrows.

"Your date bail on you?" she asked, grimacing as she stared at a boy on the dance floor who wore a tie in the same color as her dress while he danced with a pretty blonde. "Mine is over there having the time of his life with someone else."