| 15 |

Oliver was a panting mess by the time they stopped behind a few old crappy lockers in the basement storage room, propping his hands up on his knees as he took a few deep breaths to hopefully make his heart rate slow down. Scott peaked around the lockers, jerking back when the alpha let out a menacing growl.

When they heard it disappear down a different hallway, the group silently snook out of the room, breathing softly through their noses until they were out of earshot. 

"All right, we have to do something," Stiles stated, flight light gripped tightly in his hand.

Scott shot him a glance. "Like what?" he inquired.

Stiles groaned in exasperation. "I don't know! Kill it. Hurt it. Inflict mental anguish on it. Something!"

The sound of glass shattering made them all jerk away in fear, the keys in Stiles' pocket jingling furiously at his sudden movements. Sofía gasped slightly, taking a gentle hold of Stiles' arm as realization crossed over her face.

"Stiles, your keys!"

The Stlinski boy furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What about them?" Sofía shot him a deadpanned look and he made an 'O' with his mouth upon catching on to her words.

As quietly as possible, Stiles fished his keys out of his pocket, Oliver and Scott protesting with the unnecessarily loud noise. "Wait a minute, no..." Scott trailed off when Stiles shushed him, focusing on the split path in front of them.

When the alpha appeared in the doorway to another room, Stiles threw his keys into an old office, pushing Scott back as the alpha came charging after the noise. Throwing himself onto the door, it slammed closed behind it. 

"The desk. Come on, the desk." Stiles panted, making Oliver and Scott immediately begin pushing a nearby desk against the closed door.

The group stared at the door, skeptical to whether or not they actually trapped the alpha or not. Yet again they jerked in fear when it tried pushing the door open, the desk scraping against the floor as it kept the door firmly shut.

Scott let out a slight laugh of disbelief. "He can't..." he trailed off, a small smile taking form on his calmer features.

Stiles nodded, mirroring his friend's expression. "Alright." he yelped when the alpha banged against the door again. "Come on, get across! Come on!"

Oliver wasted no time in joining Stiles and his sister on the other side of the table and quite clumsily slid under it. He brushed his clothes down upon getting up from the floor, nodding his head for Scott to do the same. Despite his clear hesitation, Scott easily jumped over the table, pressing himself against the wall next to Sofía. 

Leaning forward in curiosity, Stiles peaked through the window on the door to the office. Scott slapped his arm, making him jump back, startled.

"What are you doing?" Oliver asked, eyebrows furrowed.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "I just want to get a look at it," he admitted, receiving a wide-eyed look from Scott.

"Are you crazy?" he asked incredulously.

Sofía shrugged her shoulders, head tilted to the left. "I thought that was established already."

Shooting her a glare, Stiles defended himself. "Look, it's trapped, okay? It's not gonna get out." 

The alpha growled within the room, distracting the others from their task of making sure Stiles didn't accidentally get himself killed. He took that chance to climb onto the table, settling himself on his knees as he shone the flashlight through the glass window, a taunting grin on his face as he peaked through it.