Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

"Has anyone seen Yena or Maya?" I asked, as everyone did there stretches. Some shook their heads while others spoke a 'no'.

I looked around and scratched my head in confusion. Those two never miss a lesson. When they do, it's for stupid needs but they always gives a damn warning that they won't come. Today our instructor couldn't come since his wife was having their child, so that meant I had to instruct the class. I shrugged the Yena and Maya problem away and got my attention back to everyone else.

"Okay, I need you guys to do thirty laps under twenty minutes without shifting into your wolves. After that, partner up with someone for defense lessons. But the partners must be boy-girl. No girl-girl. No boy-boy. Like I always said, anything can happen out there and you wouldn't know what to do if you went against your opposite gender." I spoke, as some cheered at the easy practice I was giving them. They all started laying up against the trees, positioning themselves to have a better boost, just when Yena and Maya came running towards us.

Maya bowed her head down at me, as Yena only nodded. "Sorry we didn't come quicker. We had to do something really quick before coming. We deeply apologize for our lateness, ma'am." Maya spoke, still looking at the ground.

"It's alright, I guess. This is a just a warning. Go and line up with the rest." I crossed my arms as they hurried over to the others. I whistled, watching everyone started running, shoving one another. I leaned against a tree, watching them barely finish their first lap, as slowly my eyes met with Maya.

When she came, she looked a little paler and more nervous than ever. Her heartbeat was quicker than usual. Whatever she did must have had her all scared about something. Yena looked normal as usual, her heartbeat was a little quicker but that was pretty much it. They had twenty more laps to go, as some still continued to shove their friends around, laughing.

"Why aren't you even doing this? Every student has to do this." Yena spoke, standing in front of me with her arms crossed.

"One, I'm more than just a student. I'm past your rank, a much higher rank than yours, remember that." I glared at her, as she looked away. "Two, our instructor put me in charge for the day. He couldn't come due to the fact that his wife is having their child as we speak."

"Whatever." She muttered and got back to her laps. That girl seriously has something against me. They had ten laps and there was six more minutes left.

'How's teaching?' Victor's voice ran through my head, making me roll my eyes.

'How do you even know I'm teaching?' I answered back.

'I can sense your 'Yena' problems from here. Don't let her get to you, babe.' He responded, making me smile.

'I gotta go. Love you.' I linked, but quickly noticed what I said. I felt a rush of happiness run through me, probably coming from Victor but before he could answer, I blocked him out.

'Someone's blushing!' Zack squealed through my head, making me snap my eyes towards him.

"Want to run thirty more laps Zack?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"No, ma'am." He chuckled, as I playfully glared at him.

"Very well. Everyone partner up!" I yelled, watching everyone scurrying around. A few girls quickly ran towards Zack but all he did was back up, grab the nearest girl - who obviously wasn't paying attention - and cheekily smiled at them.

'I told you girls wanted you.' I linked him, giggling at his red face.

"I need all girls to shift. Boys, you stay were you're at. I need you to all focus on what you're doing and don't let your anger get the best of you. Boys will do defense and well you know the rest." I rolled my wrist, as a few chuckled knowing I hate explaining everything over and over again.

The girls shifted and the guys took on their fighting positions. Within a few, girls had half boys down while half boys got the girls down. No one seemed to be losing control, everything was going fine. All were in focus. I looked to my side, looking at the trees and saw something move quickly. I tensed up and slowly walked towards the trees. You have to be kidding me if there's someone here.

"Rose!" Zack yelled, making me snap my head towards him. He raised his arms in the air while giving me a confused look.

I looked around and saw everyone looking at me. As if I was in my world and I just got out of it. I cleared my throat, watching few stand in lines.

"Uh, sorry. Um, that's it for today. You can go now." I muttered, watching everyone retreat. I turned my direction back towards the forest, there had to be something there.

"See something?" A voice startled me. I looked up and met eyes with Zack, I let out a low sigh.

"I don't know. I saw something move out there. How long was a spacing out?" I asked.

"Ten to fifteen minutes. You were just standing here, looking into the mist." He joked, making me chuckle.

"Well, damn. Anyway. We should go home, its getting late and I need to meet up with Victor." I spoke, as we turned on our heels.

"About that drawing?" He questioned, as I nodded in response.

"Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you. Let's just hope, it means nothing and you'll be fine, alright?" He placed his hand on my shoulder while I gave him a weak smile, nodding.

I still a little freaked out about Claire's drawing and it's only been two days. I was so tensed up and jumpy lately, actually thinking that Daniel or someone will pop up out of nowhere and drug my system with silver. I would actually freak out at the single sound I heard around me.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow or something." I mumbled, hugging him. He hugged me tightly than let go as I strolled off towards the pack house.

*

"Rose, you really need to relax. Nothing is gonna happen to you." Victor spoke once again, making me slam my fist on the table.

"How can you be so sure! The temple is an example that they can cover their scents, their tracks and somehow get into the territory. I feel like a horrible fighter." I grumbled, yanking on my hair.

"You're an excellent warrior, babe. Every single warrior has great respect towards you. You're their idol, you make them fight even harder. Hey, you're even my idol and I wanna fight even harder for what I love. You're a great example of an amazing warrior, love. So don't beat yourself for this." He grabbed my arms, while one of his hands went down on my chin, making me look up at him.

"Thank you." I whispered. He smiled and pecked me on the lips.

"Anytime." He mumbled against my lips.

"I should probably head to my night shift. It's already eleven o'clock." I stood up, slipping on my shoes.

"Take care of yourself out there." He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"Always." I responded, closing my eyes at his touch. I turned and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. I walked out of the house and shifted, running towards the north side since it was my turn there this time.