Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

"How you feeling?" I smiled down at Claire.

Its been two weeks that her system was injected with silver but they quickly removed it as soon as possible. Even she hasn't shifted, still being a werewolf can kill her. They haven't found Daniel but I have a feeling that he's creating a war only due because of me. Victor told his dad my condition of not announcing me and he also agreed to it.

"Much better. Can we go home now?" She questioned making me laugh.

"Sure but remember never accept candy from people that say they're my friends. Tell them to link me and we'll see if they're really my friends or not. And I'll have someone be by your side anytime you leave the house." I spoke making her moan with annoyance.

"But Rose! It was a mistake! I don't want someone following me around!" She whined.

"Do you want me to get a whole group, instead?" I playfully glared her, as she looked at me with big eyes, rapidly shaking her head. "Very well, you'll have your one bodyguard."

"I hate this." She crossed her arms.

"Me too. Well Ima go for my shift, mom will come soon and she'll take you home, alright?" I spoke, making her nod. "Good. See you, Claire." I kissed her forehead and got up, leaving the hospital.

I walked over towards the trees, shifting into my wolf and ran towards the East borderline where Zack and a few other fighters were waiting for me.

I couldn't stop thinking about what has happened in these two weeks. Not only do I have a crazy ex-mate going after me, my mate is getting possessive by the day. Victor almost got fighters and a bunch of bodyguards for me but it's really not necessary. I can defend myself, I been doing it since I was fifteen. I stood behind a tree, shifting back and slipping on a shirt and shorts, walking over to see the group sitting down around a rock.

"Anything new?" I asked, as they stood up at my presence.

"We found scents of rogues near by and small tracks around the borderline as well." Kuri spoke, making me look around.

"They're just playing with us." I answered, looking down at the wolf marks on the forest floor. "They're trying to play us dumb by moving every single fighter around and looking for a small enterance. How many fighters are in patrol at night?"

"Uh, at least twenty-five each side of the borderline. We change our fighters at sunrise and sundown." Rene answered.

"We need at least thirty. Anything can happen now." I looked at Zack as he rolled his eyes at me.

"Can we talk?" He asked me. I nodded and we walked away, making sure we couldn't be heard.

"What's up?" I spoke, making him chuckle.

"You sound different. All these orders, patrols, our fighters. What are you trying to keep out?" He asked.

"Keep a secret?" I looked into his eyes. He nodded and I sighed. "I found my second mate. But my first mate wants me back, my second mate already marked me so he can't have me. He's what I'm trying to keep off these lands." I spoke.

"Well who's your second mate? He can just simply protect you and fight him off." Zack responded while I scratched the back of my neck.

"We'll here's the thing. Alpha Victor is my mate only that my first mate, he's making an army of rogues to get me back, I bet." I bit my lip, scared if Zack would burst. We're close, like almost as if we were best buds but Zack always burst out of random moments, scaring the crap out of me.

"What?! He's an idiot! Doesn't he know he's going against the most dangerous and powerful pack ever!" He yelled making me flinch. He noticed, he slowly relaxed, "Sorry. But your ex-mate has a death wish."

"I know." I mumbled. "You have no idea how glad I actually am that he rejected. And he rejected me cause I was normal werewolf."

"You're not normal." He spoke with so much seriousness. "Not at all. You like killing, you're a damn fighter. You are not normal."

"Jeez, thanks for pointing out the obvious." I rolled my eyes, laughing softly.

"Whatever. Anyway. Have you gone full mating with your mate?" He shoved my shoulder with his, moving his eyebrows up and down.

"No!" I laughed, feeling my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

"You're blushing!" He squealed, pinching my cheeks. "Oh, how would it be to have a mate." He sighed while my heart ached a little.

"I'm really sorry about your stupid mates." I gave him a small smile which he only returned it with a shrug.

"Doesnt matter. I wish third mates existed though. Maybe she would have accepted me." He sighed, looking up at the trees.

"I mean, I know I would. Any girl would love to be your mate. To be with you. You're a really great guy, Zack. Believe me, you really are." I placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked down at my hand than back at my eyes and smiled.

"Thanks. We should probably go. It's getting late." He muttered as he quickly shifted to his light grey wolf.

"Yeah." I mumbled and shifted into my wolf and we raced off towards our houses. I shoved him into a tree, letting out a small wolf chuckle. He playfully growled at me and chased me, until we reached the ends of the trees. I walked behind a tree and shifted back, slipping on some clothes. I walked back and ran towards Zack's side who was already walking down the street.

"So, what you doing tomorrow?" I asked him, looking up at him.

"Nothing. What about you?" He smirked at me.

"Nothing. We should go for a run together. Or head to the arcade. Take a break off of work, you know?" I smiled, making him laugh while shaking his head.

"Sure. Sounds like a plan but your mate better know that this was your idea. Not mine. I don't need my alpha killing me." He spoke, making me laugh.

"Alright, deal. Well see you tomorrow or later when they need us." I waved at him and ran up my driveway and into my house.

"Bye!" He yelled as I barely closing the door.

I walked up the stairs, and straight to my room, taking off my clothes and heading towards my bathroom, needing a good cold shower.

As I turned on the water, I felt a sudden buzz go through my head. I ignored it, as I slipped inside the tub, only for the buzzing to get louder until I relaxed my mind as the water hit me.

'I see how it is! You block me out of your mind' Victor yelled right through my mind, making snap my eyes open.

'Sorry. I didn't know it was you. I usually have my link ready for any pack member.' I grumbled.

'It's okay love. What are you doing?' He asked, making me blush.

'I'm um taking a shower.' I whispered, hearing his laughter run through the link with a hint of mischief.

'You should let me join.' I could hear the playfulness in his voice.

'Nope. I shall go. I'm going to shower and sleep. And oh yes, I'm going to be hanging out with Zack, it was my idea so don't kill him! Bye love!' I cut off the link, making sure he can't get through.

I stood there, letting the water fall down at me, as my muscles relaxed with every drop. Now this is a good shower, a really, really, really good shower.