Chapter 3

Chapter Three

* Alpha Victor on his regular looking days. (Yes that's Joshua Leyva. He's just ugh in the good way.)

We walked out of the room but I quickly stopped him. He looked surprised but slowly shut the door while I fiddled with my fingers.

"I was wondering if we could wait a while before you announce that you found your mate." I spoke, staring down at the ground.

I felt fingers on my chin, slowly pushing my head up to meet eyes with my Alpha. I felt so memorized by just looking into his eyes.

"Why, my love?" He whispered, never removing his fingers from my chin.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out so I quickly closed it and looked down. I felt uneasy but I looked back in his eyes. "It's cause well..." I started to drift off. "I'm a fighter. And I really don't wanna just stop because I'm your mate. I'm just asking two months. Two months of me having my normal job of being a warrior." I finally spoke.

"What? You're a fighter?!" He spoke with somewhat anger that made me wince a little and pull back.

"Yes. You can even go talk to my teacher. Well our adviser. I'm just asking two months. Please Alpha." I spoke, only for him to wince.

"Don't call me Alpha. My mate can never call me Alpha, just by my name. But fine. Two months I'll give you." He spoke, making me smile.

"Thank you!" I squealed and kisses his lips, feeling the sparks start all over.

He wrapped his arms around my waist but I quickly pulled them away and smiled at him. I reached for the doorknob and walked out before everything got heated.

"I should probably go home. Jasmine might be looking for me there." I turned to look at him. He nodded in agreement and pulled me into a hug.

I was tense at first but relaxed. He's my mate, I should accept it not fight it. I inhaled his deep scent of wood and dirt, hugging him tight.

"Bye." I smiled and walked out the hallway, towards the entrance of the house.

While I walked down the street, I slowly reached to touch the mark on my neck. I have a mate. I sighed and pulled away and continued the journey back home.

People looked at me but I ignored. Some guys would whistle or shout towards me trying to get my attention like always but I felt disturbed and uncomfortable.

I growled lowly and hurried my steps and arrived home quickly. I barely touched the doorknob when the door opened by itself. Alarms went off in my head while I quickly got into my fighting mode, quietly entering the house.

I sensed five presence, two being my parents, one being my little sister and then Jasmine's but I couldn't recognize the fifth. I walked over to a drawer and pulled out a blade.

'Mom, you home?' I mindlinked towards my mother while I slowly climbed up the stairs.

'Yes sweetie. I'm with Claire and your dad in the movie room.' She linked back.

That means they're downstairs, than who's with Jasmine? I widen eyes, realizing that she could be indanger.

I heard chattering and one sounding like someone was crying. I gripped the blade tighter and slowly opened my door seeing a young man and Jasmine yelling at each other.

"What do you mean you won't accept me?!" Jasmine yelled while the guy clenched his jaw.

"It means I'm not accepting you! I'm not putting you where you don't belong, it's for the best!" He yelled back only to cause Jasmine to cry harder.

I stood behind him and pressed the blade against his neck sensing him stiff up. "Give me a good reason why I shouldnt kill you right here, right now for making my best friend cry." I whispered against his ear.

"Rose, don't. He's my mate." Jasmine sniffled. I pulled the blade away, walking over to her while I bumped against his shoulder roughly, making him stumble front a little.

"He's no mate if he makes you cry." I growled, staring at the brown haired boy.

I saw his eyes turn black but quickly towards his light honey brown eyes again while he growled at me. I scoffed and crossed my arms but Jasmine placed her hand on my arms, giving me a sad look.

"Please don't attack him." She whispered.

"She couldn't possibly attack me." He scoffed, making me growl and move forward but Jasmine stopped me.

"Yes she can. Trust me. She's a top fighter. Just Samuel, please rethink this. We're mates. We need each other." Jasmine spoke, her voice full of depression and hurt.

"I can't. The pack I'm from is to dangerous for you to come with me." He spoke but suddenly stopped. "I have to go. My alpha is calling me. I'm sorry." He walked away, well more like ran off.

"Wait!" Jasmine tried going after him but I stopped her and held her down while she cried. She turned and started sobbing against my shoulder.

"There, there. It hurts, I know. It's gonna be okay." I whispered, holding her tightly.

"I'm just lucky he didn't reject me so I still have a chance." She whispered back.

I pulled away and sat down on the bed, patting on the spot next to me. She slowly moved towards me, sitting down.

"So who is he?" I asked.

"His name is Samuel Johnson. He's one of our neighboring pack. He's a Gamma." She sniffled out.

"Oh, a Gamma. You be getting those high rank mates." I chuckled making her roll her eyes.

"Yeah. He's really sweet and kind but than suddenly he told me that I couldn't be with him. He didn't reject me, he's just not gonna accept me, yet." She whispered, staring at her lap.

I scoffed, typical.

"Anyway. What about you? What did Mr. Alpha tell you?" She asked me.

"Well uh you see.." I started but she immediately cut me off, gasping loudly, grabbing a hold of my shoulders.

"He marked you! He's your mate!" She squealed, making me blush like crazy.

I grabbed my hair and quickly covered the mark up, "Shut up. I told him if we could wait two months before he announced that he found his mate." I spoke.

"Ms. Luna. Look at you. Two high rankers as mates girl." She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Oh shut up. But please don't tell no one. This is our secret." I held out my pinkie while she immediately wrapped it with hers.

"Promise." She giggled.

"Tonight was crazy!" I laughed, laying down against my bed. She did the same and laughed.

"Indeed! Ooh I can't wait for our lessons tomorrow. I'm actually excited to learn." She laughed while I joined along.

"Yeah." I smiled.