Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

"Steady. Focus. Concentrate on your partners next move." Our instructor spoke, as Yena and I moved in a circle, looking at each other dead in the eye.

Yena never liked me, she always hated me for being better, for being prettier, faster, smarter, more of a leader, more concentrated, more focus and quicker with defense. Today our instructor picked our partners and from all lucks, we got paired together. She snarled at me as I continued to keep a serious face, watching her every move.

She bounced right at me but I moved in time to see her crashing down towards a tree. I stood straight, waiting for her to get up but she only let out a loud growl and jumped towards me again only for me to move to a side and her crash into our other members.

"Rose, don't play with your partner now." Our instructor sighed, while everyone snickered at my action while I was wagging my tail playfully towards them.

Yena got off from the other wolves, letting out loud, nasty snarl and ran towards me. I jumped in the air and landed hard on her back, making her collapse straight to the ground. She whimpered in pain but got on her feet and tried grabbing a hold of my thigh but I quickly jumped back and shoved her roughly with my snout and growled ever so maliciously.

'Enough!' I mindlinked her with all the authority I carried in me, making her softly whimper as she slowly kneeled down, placing her snout on the ground.

I shifted back just when someone threw me a shirt that I quickly changed into that reached my thighs. "You need to control your darn emotions, Yena! Stop trying to actually attack me and focus on what you're doing! This a damn practice, if you do not concentrate with what you're doing. You will get hurt when it comes to being out there!" I yelled pointing towards the trees, as few members bowed their heads down in respect, noticing the authority running through my voice along with my anger.

'Sorry, ma'am.' She quietly answered me, still keeping her head down and quietly whining to herself.

I straighten myself up and gave a small nod to my instructor as he did the same. I turned on my heel and barely took three steps when I noticed Victor standing only a feet away from me. I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment as I just remembered I'm only wearing a shirt. I lowered my head as I walked passed him. He followed behind as I continued to walk straight home.

I walked up towards the door, opening it and holding it open as Victor walked in. He stood still in the middle of the living room as I quietly stood behind him, waiting for a word, an action.

"You live alone?" He asked, looking around. I took a small sniff and noticed that no one was home but I can faintly smell my family's scent.

"Uh, no. This is my parents house. I guess my mom cleaned up and now their scents are barely here. I should go change." I barely raised my voice. I quickly ran towards the stairs and straight to my room, looking for a pair of underwear, sports bra and shorts.

I stumbled around as I quickly slipped on my clothes. I turned and found Victor standing behind me, leaning against the door.

"Please don't tell me you were watching?" I spoke, covering my face with my hands.

"Every second of it." He chuckled as I groaned. I bet I looked ridiculous, oh, my own mate and I do the weirdest things cause of him.

I laid down on my bed as I felt him walk around my room. "Welcome to my room. Please enjoy the clouds and disaster of drawings and blue prints." I spoke, swirling a finger in the air.

"You contain a lot of authority and power in you, don't you?" He spoke, making me look at him as he sat down at my desk where I had my unfinished drawing of my roses.

"Not really. I guess it comes with being a chief, a commander, a uh, general. There you go. A general. I'm basically the general of your fighters." I spoke, making him smirk.

"I can see. But no really, you contain a lot of authority and power. When you yelled at the rookie, the way you spoke almost made me want to lower my head in respect." He spoke with proudness running through his voice along with my own.

"Uh, thank you. But Yena always passes it when it comes to me. She sees me as a challenge. She tries to out win me which causes her emotions to take control. She doesnt think of what she does, she just acts." I explained, sighing deeply. "It's hard doing this. I bet it's harder having to control a whole pack. I only need to keep control of five hundred and fifty fighters. Let alone how many members we have and you have to keep them in control and not let us go to chaos." I added.

"It is difficult but it's the best thing I can hope for. Sometimes I do wish I could take a break and just have fun, you know?" He sighed while I looked around but than it came to me. I can call off work for me anytime, maybe I can give him that wish.

"Maybe you can. Just for a day." I smiled at him.

"Are you crazy? This pack could fall into chaos if I don't keep it in order for one day." He yelled, making me roll my eyes.

"Fine, three hours of fun time." I suggested as he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"What kind of fun time?" He spoke causing my cheeks to burn.

"Not that kind of fun!" I threw a pillow at that he caught with ease, letting out a full hearted laughter, making my heart skip. "I mean as in we can go to the arcade. No wait you're an adult. We need to do something more adult like." I placed a finger on my chin.

"Youre an adult, too. What are you calling me old now?" He gave out a small shocked gasp.

"Yeah I am. I'm still a teen since I'm nine-teen. And you're like twenty-nine." I scrunched up my nose as he growled at me playfully.

"Twenty-three, love. I'm not that old." He scoffed, making me giggle. He slowly walked over towards me, as I slowly crawled away on my bed.

He grabbed my foot and pulled towards him, making me grunt and find him right on top of me. I felt my body burn with a firing sensation, feeling his body so close to mine. It sent sparks, shivers, a throbbing sensation in me.

"Since we're adults. We should do adult stuff." He smirked at me, slowly leaning in. I understood what he meant but I wanted him to wait. To beg. I won't give in so easily.

"Can't. My parents house. They could catch us." I patted his hard chest. "Plus this isn't very alpha like now, is it?" I smirked, while he let a low growl out.

"You win this time." He quickly pecked my lips, leaving a lingering feeling on them.

"I always win." I smiled as he rolled off of me. He deserves to have fun, so that shall be my mission.