"Gilbert?! Are you alright?" A familiar, concerned voice breaks through the intimate moment, and Gilbert and I quickly separate, our faces flushed.

Sebastian's voice then calls. "Blythe? Where are you? Did you get attacked by a wild animal or something?"

Gilbert chuckles, "I'm over here!" He quickly stands and tells me to hide. I jump up and hide behind a tree. "Did I give you two a fright?"

"What were you out here yelling about?" Mary asks. "I could hear you from the stables."

Before he can answer, Sebastian's eyes widen as I peek around the tree, and he gasps. "Mary, look!"

Mary follows his gaze and then screams in joy. "Ada! Oh my goodness, Ada!"

They rush forward, embracing me in a whirlwind of emotions. Tears stream down Mary's face as she hugs me tightly, and Sebastian joins in, his voice choked with happiness.

"I thought you were gone forever! I missed you so much!" Mary cries.

I hug them back, feeling overwhelmed with a mix of joy and relief. "I missed you both too."

They pull away, still holding onto me as if afraid I might vanish again. Mary wipes away her tears, smiling through the residual sniffles. "Gilbert, you sneaky man! Why didn't you tell us she was back?"

Gilbert scratches his head, a sheepish grin on his face. "It was a surprise for me too."

Sebastian looks at Mary, and they share a knowing smile. "You must meet Delphine."

Mary, Sebastian, Gilbert, and I make our way back to our cozy home. As we step inside, I am met with the homey feeling. Careful not to disturb the peace, Mary leads us to their bedroom.

There, in a crib adorned with delicate blankets, little Delphine sleeps soundly, a vision of serenity.

"Oh, Ada, you'll love her!" Mary beams, gently passing Delphine to me.

I cradle the precious bundle in my arms, overwhelmed with emotion. I run a finger over her warm skin, making her nose scrunch up. "She's beautiful. Congratulations to both of you."

Sebastian grins proudly, placing a hand on Mary's shoulder. "Thank you, Ada. It's been a whirlwind, but we wouldn't have it any other way."

After a few minutes I hand her back to her mother. Mary gently places her back in the crib. We gather in the cozy living room, the air filled with a comforting familiarity.

Sebastian leans back, content, and Mary snuggles close to him. "Ada," she begins, her eyes filled with curiosity, "tell us about your adventures in Paris."

"Paris was quite the experience," I begin, regaling them with tales of culinary exploration, charming encounters, and the challenges of finishing school.

As I speak, I notice the flicker of curiosity in Mary's eyes and the supportive nod from Sebastian. It feels good to share these stories with friends who have become family.

Then, the conversation takes a turn. "And Gilbert," Sebastian grins mischievously, "did he really write to you every day?"

I chuckle, feeling the warmth rise in my cheeks. "Well, maybe not every day, but we kept in touch."

Mary shoots Gilbert a knowing look, and he feigns innocence. "I did my best," he says.

She shakes her head. "Why don't you boys give me and Ada some time to ourselves?"