𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 | 𝐖𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐔𝐩 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐧

__________________________________________________

"Mom?" Quinn's voice echoed as her eyes made out the blurry image of her mother

"Mom?" Quinn's voice echoed as her eyes made out the blurry image of her mother. Lizbeth's golden locks fell by her side as she knelt over her injured daughter. A sigh of relief escaped the woman's mouth at the sound of Quinn's voice. "Oh, my darling girl" Her hands ran through Quinn's hair as she pulled her into a hug. "What are you doing here?!" Lizbeth's eyes roamed over Quinn's body for any serious injuries. Quinn was still lost for words. Her mouth hanged open while her eyes remained on her mother.

"𝐈'm dreaming..T-this is another dream?" Her voice made it sound like more of a question than a statement. Lizbeth simply shook her head in response. "No birdie..this is no dream. This is very very real.." Her eyes glistened with fear while she spoke. "Where are we?" The girl questioned while looking over her surroundings. She recognised the area as the main square of district 5. Quinn was beyond confused. How was she here? If not a dream then how was any of this possible. The duo stood from their crouched position while Lizbeth guided her daughter through the streets, allowing her to figure it out herself.

"𝐇ow is thi— am I.....dead....?" Quinn's voice was merely an echo as her mind spiralled with impossible thoughts.  "Come. Let me show you something" The woman said plainly, her gaze softening on her girl while she watched her confusion fade to worry. The warmth of the sun radiated Quinn's wave of brown hair as the pair walked the empty streets of district 5. "Look" Her mother spoke while Quinn's eyes drifted to what seemed to be an endless field of flowers, she hadn't even remembered walking towards. "Pretty aren't they?" Lizbeth smiled. "I don't understand..." Quinn replied with even more confusion.

𝐒he watched as her mothers expression changed from joy to sadness as she turned to face her. "Quinn. You need to go. You can't be here, it's not your time yet" Lizbeth gripped her daughters arms firmly. "I'm so sorry.." Tears formed in Quinn's eyes. "For everything. I-if I had just done w-what he asked—" The girl dropped to her knees in defeat. "Don't" The woman knelt down in front of her. "Listen to me. None of this is your fault! Do you hear me?! None of it!" Her mother reassured while almost scolding her for thinking such a thing. "Im tired mommy! please don't make me go back..." She cried while leaning her head into her mothers shoulder, feeling like the child that died many years ago when she first entered the arena.

𝐇er scent was soothing as was the feel of her hands stroking her head. "Birdie, look at me" Lizbeth ordered while forcing Quinn's face to look up at her. "Death is not the end. I am at peace here, and one day...when it's your time, you can join me" She tilted Quinn's face back towards the fields before turning it back toward her. "...but that day, is not today. Nor will it be tomorrow, or any day close from now!" The woman continued while Quinn's eyes brimmed with more tears. "I don't want you to go.." The girl choked while looking down at the ground beneath her. "I will always be with you...in here" Lizbeth whispered while rubbing a hand over her heart. "But right now, you need to live." She said sternly. "Quinn. Wake up".