ten

୨⎯ forever ⎯୧ᵛᵒˡˡᵉʸᵇᵃˡˡ

forever
ᵛᵒˡˡᵉʸᵇᵃˡˡ

THIRD PERSON ...
layla stood in conrads room looking in the mirror. today was going to be extremely hot so she decided to braid her hair in one at the back of her head. they had to go watch belly and taylor play in the volleyball tournament.

"hey layla," conrad greeted as he walked into his bedroom. "are you almost ready?"

"yeah, just give me one sec."

the girl turns around to face her boyfriend. "connie?"

"yeah?"

"wanna be my date to the deb ball?" as soon as layla asks, conrad turns around.

"of course i do," the fisher boy cups her cheeks and pecks her lips. "even though i thought i already was."

"i wanted to make it official even though you already went to the practice!"

just as they were walking out of the door laurel popped out.

"are you kids ready?"

"good afternoon," susannahs voice boomed over the everyone as she talked into the microphone. "i'm susannah fisher, chair of the clubs community service board and i am delighted to welcome you to play it forward! you know as my mother used to say, if you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough."

conrad and layla had made their way towards everyone hand in hand, and stopped next to belly. the pair continued to listen to susannah's speech.

"we are very fortunate indeed, which is why in the spirit of fun and friendly competition it is time to open our hearts-and wallets! so we can give back to those who may not be as fortunate.
we have teams raising money for homelessness, women's shelters, environmental causes, and many more. and play it forward will match pledges for the winner of the tournament!"

everyone started clapping and layla started to tune susannah out. she was already super excited for the deb ball and couldn't wait to see conrad dressed up super fancy again.

LAYLAs POV ...
me and conrad stood on the sidelines watching belly and taylor go against a pair of old dudes. it was going smoothly and team belly was up by a significant amount of points. well only three but whatever.

all of a sudden when taylor went to dive for the ball, she harshly landed and everyone started worrying.

"ugh, my ankle," taylor took it into her hand as we all watched the two girls on the court. "i just like twisted it. can you sub please!?"

"uh yeah!" jeremiah walked over towards taylor before exchanging a few words and taking their shirts off.

belly started the next round with jeremiah on her side.

"oh dear lord," conrad laughed putting his hand in his face.

"what?" i looked at him confused.

"jeremiah, fucking sucks at volleyball."

well conrad was right. they ended up winning against the old guys, but like cmon now. i'd be concerned if they didn't. but now they're playing against these amazing girls. they're down 17-7. wait make that 18-7.

belly quickly called a time out. a few words were spoken before jeremiah walked off. "conrad. i need you to sub in. now."

jeremiah ripped off the team belly shirt and threw it at my boyfriend.

"good luck," i kissed conrad and he made his way onto the court.

they were devouring the other girls and made it to the next round. it didn't take long before it was the last round and they're up against shayla and steven.

shayla gets the ball and gets ready to serve when the ball hits belly in the fucking eye.

"ow!" steven walks over to her side and asks her if she's okay.

"can we get some ice!"

susannah ran to the siblings with a bag of ice.

"cause that's what i need another black eye!" belly laughed as susannah directed her of the court.

"layla, go sub in."

"what the fuck is happening!" i looked at susannah like she was crazy. "susannah i can't play!"

"it's okay layla you got it," belly smiled at nodded her head towards the court. she took off her shirt and gave it to me. "go have fun."

i took the shirt and threw it over what i have on and kicked my birkenstocks off my feet. conrad smiled at me as i walked into the court.

"hey baby."

"hi connie."

the game started at i started off rocky. but as the game progressed i started getting the hang of it and we tied the game up.

20-19.

we're up a point and only bed one to win. conrad has the ball and gets ready to serve. once he does we get ready to hit it back over the net after shayla or steven hit it.

it comes to me and i bump it for conrad to set it. i jump up and spike it not expected for no one to hit it. as soon as the ball hits the ground conrad scoops me up.

"we did it!" i yell super excited.

"no baby you did it," he kissed me passionately and starts cheering.

"that was so cringy," i laugh before cheering as well.

"and the winners are layla richie and conrad fisher!" susannah announces before running up to us. "oh em gee you guys were incredible! i knew you had it in you layla!" she hands me the trophy before congratulating us again and belly comes over.

"here belly."

"what? you won!" she tries handing it back but conrad comes up behind ms and grabs both my hands.

"i played a round, you played the whole game and got this far. keep it belly."

THIRD PERSON ...
"hey! layla!" the girl who was being called and conrad stopped walking to turn around at the person jogging towards them.

"oh hi nicole."

"i was uh wondering if you wanted to come on my dads boat tonight. ya know order pizza and stuff. taylor and belly already said they would come."

layla looked at conrad who was already looking at me. he shrugged and layla looked at nicole again. "uh sure why not."

"perfect!"

forever
¹⁰⁰⁹ ʷᵒʳᵈˢ