TRUST IN HIM

© Ahile Eucharia 2024
Brought to you by the Christian Readers and Writers Club (CRWC)

"A penny for your thoughts"
Rachael snapped out of her reverie and turned to face the person that had interrupted her line of thought. It was Jessica ,the closest thing to a friend she had made since starting school.
"Hi"
"Don't give me that sad "hi" young lady,why are you sitting here looking sorry for yourself when we have class in less than 10 minutes!" Jessica said glancing briefly at her wristwatch and then flashing it up for emphasis.
"Right. I forgot " The girl got up and brushed the imaginary dust off her skirt. "Let's go"
"You still have to tell me why you look like you just went through world war 3 or something."
Rachael sighed quietly,she would,she thought,as soon as she figured out what was actually wrong with her. The bowl of finely diced pineapple sat untouched beside her. Life was probably better at some other side.

**
At eighteen , Rachael wasn't exactly the average teenager or your typical Cinderella at the stroke of midnight. All her life she had been told she was special...crafted for a meaningful life of purpose...and now that she thought about it she was still yet to find that purpose.
Her mother had passed a year ago and even after that time she still felt lost...like she needed some direction,that unwavering faith her mother had ,so far nothing seemed to be working out.
She had always been a hardworking student ,but lately she found herself facing academic challenges that were shaking the roots of her confidence. The pressure to excel in her studies weighed heavily on her and she began to doubt her abilities.
Her mother had always said life came at one fast...one time she was content playing in the compound and the next minute she was holding on for dear life ,trying to cope with the course she has felt called to study. She had been too young to understand and now she so wished that she could freeze her life at that point.
She closed her eyes and let the water run down her hair and over her entire body. Where was the proof that she was actually working? As assignments piled up and tests loomed she wondered what had gone wrong. She had been an excellent student.... going for competitions... helping the teachers out... something bad definitely changed . She felt like the flower and the rain ,the beauty of day but also the nights full of pain.

**
No,no ,please God . Let it show that I met with you.
Rachael blinked back the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes like the waters from the Cameron dam. Everything the lecturer was saying seemed like serious gibberish to her as she tried her best to focus without any distractions. Everybody seemed to be understanding the lecture except her,was she a dummy or had God somehow not included academic successes in the plans He had for her ?
She got up and half-walked, half-ran to the restroom. She locked herself in and let the dam burst open releasing all the pent up emotion she had bottled up since the beginning of the term. Why,just why wasn't it showing? She kept asking herself that question over and over. There was no mediocrity with God so what was happening to her. If she started failing her courses in the first year God only knew what would become of her.
She tried to quieten herself as she rested her head on one of her hands . Just then she heard a small voice in the stall next to hers...be still.
Be still. Your fears are as empty as the grave I walked out of .
She wasn't too sure who's voice it was....the person next door or God. But then again,God had never really spoken to her or so she'd thought. Her mother had always said continuously worrying about something made it seem like God couldn't help ...like He was as small as humans and even weaker . Was that was she had been doing all this while? Making God's power smaller than her fears. Maybe she would have trusted God instead and focused on growth instead of perfection. Maybe,just maybe she wouldn't have forgotten that faith the side of a mustard seed
could rearrange landscapes and turn mountains into highways.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Eucharia is an 18 year old medical student who started writing at a very tender age, upon discovering this unique way to express herself,she has her voice and a way of maximising her God given talent to full potential.

Instagram: regarding_ria
Wattpad: euchariaa_