TRUSTING GOD FOR HIS COMFORT

MARY'S FAITH

©2022 by Priscilla Yiadom

Brought to you by the Christian writers and readers club.

………

"Good morning Mom, how are you?" she asked her Mom in a cheerful voice.

Ms. Rivers replied " I'm fine by God's Grace and you?" she asked Mary.

Mary answered back " I'm fine Mom, are you ready to go to church? Mary's Mom said,

 " Yes, I am all set. Why don't you sit down and have breakfast, we have plenty of time for church service won't start until 8:00 am."

Mary replied " sure Mom I'm so hungry, I can eat a horse! 

Ms. Rivers laughed at her daughter's response she couldn't stop laughing at her statement.

" It's not funny Mom. I'm truly very hungry, '' she said in a whisper.

"I understand honey. I know you are very hungry. I can hear your stomach rumbling"

"Hahaha, very funny Mom. So what's for breakfast?" she asked.

"We have French Toast and Sausage and some Orange Juice, your favorite."

" It looks good. I can't wait to try it and enjoy it very much"

"You will love it, my dear."

So Ms. Rivers and Mary started eating their breakfast and continued to talk about life and the holy spirit. After they ate their breakfast, Mary and her mother took their dirty dishes, put them in the dishwasher, and she rushed upstairs to get ready for church.

While Mary was in her room getting ready she was thinking about her father and why he left her and her mom when she was only eight years old when her parents divorced. Was he having an affair with another woman? or did he just abandon her and her mother because he didn't want to be a father?

These questions kept popping into her mind but she will let go for a while until she finds time to sit down and talk to her mother about her father's disappearance from their lives for over nine years now.

Mary went into the closet to pick a dress to wear to church so she kept looking until she took out a long sleeve navy blue dress with ribbons on the top of the sleeves.

She combed her hair straight above her shoulders, applied some light makeup on her face, put on some black pumps, packed her Bible and cellular in her black handbag, looked in the mirror for the last time if everything was in order, and headed downstairs to meet her mother who eventually was waiting for her.

She went downstairs and her mother was wearing a green cloth with the alphabet from top to bottom wearing black shoes. She looked more beautiful than ever for a fifty-nine-year-old woman.

When her mother saw her she got up from the sofa with her black clutch in hand and looked at her precious daughter with a huge grin on her face.

" Oh my goodness Mary! You look beautiful my child, all the men at church won't be able to keep their eyes off of you,'' she said with excitement in her voice.

 " Mother please don't make me blush, what are you saying? you sound like I will get a husband very soon"

"Come on, isn't it true? You are a beautiful young Christian woman who loves God and is very kind with a big heart who loves to help people in need no matter who they are."