SHADES OF LOVE

© 2022 by Priscilla Boakye.

Brought to you by Christian Writers and Readers Club.

"Dear Jesus,

You are my guide, counselor, and father.

I believe you are hearing my prayer, I want my dream of becoming a mother a reality.

My husband, Rick, and I have been married for twenty years. We have a successful soul food restaurant in Atlanta and are planning to open two more restaurants in North Carolina and New York.

Our customers have skyrocketed since we opened our first Soul Food restaurant in Atlanta Georgia when we were in our early twenties, which was around the time when we got married twenty years ago.

Our main mission was to open a restaurant for low-income families who can't afford food at high rates by giving them a discount, help open more doors for tourists and investors in our community, give our people jobs to be able to take care of their families and send their children to better schools for a good education and for young people to go the right path without joining violent gangs or going to prison at a young age.

Our special focus was on the girl child who dropped out of high school because of pregnancy, girls who are afraid to go back to school and face stigma because of teenage pregnancy which is very common in our community.

My husband and I have been trying to have children since we got married but to no avail, I just feel so worthless and less of a woman since I haven't gotten pregnant yet.

Please lord, hear my cry and prayer. I have always been faithful to you since I was six years old."

I attended church services, Bible studies, and prayer meetings just to worship you."

I read your word every morning before I go to work

My God, my God why have you forsaken me oh lord? I beg you, please open my womb to bear fruits and to give children to my amazing humble husband, he's a good man. He deserves to be a father and grandfather.

Thank you Jesus for hearing my prayer. I will always be faithful to you and worship you forever until my death. Amen."

After writing in her diary, she got up from the desk and bent her knees, and did a silent prayer to the lord for a new day.

" Good morning, Donna, how are you this morning?" Rick asked her with gentleness in his voice.

" I'm okay... I was just praying to the lord to bless us with a child. I desperately want a child." she said with a small smile on her lips.

Rick sat beside her on the bed. Still in his bathrobe, he brought her closer and put his arms around her, saying, 

"Don't worry, everything will be alright. God will give us children at the appointment time. So, please don't hurt yourself because of the situation we are in right now. I know God heard our prayers... He'll bless us with children very soon. Relax, God is in control... With God, all things are possible, my darling." 

" Yes, my love, I wouldn't give up the hope of having a child so I will take your advice and keep praying to the Lord," she said with confidence and happiness.

"Good... Go take a shower so we can open the restaurant together, it's going to be a busy day," he said

Donna took her shower, got ready, curled her hair with a curling iron, and went straight downstairs to meet her husband so they could have breakfast together.

After breakfast, the couple left the house for the restaurant to start the day's business. All through that morning, people arrived at the restaurant to have breakfast or order to take to their offices.

During the afternoon people were coming to the restaurant to have lunch. Every seat was filled up with customers while waiters and waitresses were taking orders from new customers and continued writing the orders down on their notepads.

Donna took a break from the activities in the restaurant for her afternoon prayer, as she continued tabling her request of having children with God. After her praying session, her husband called her and she quickly wiped her tears and headed straight to the kitchen to talk to him.

"Is everything alright, Donna?" he asked.

"Yes, everything is ok, don't worry," she said.

" Donna, please stop worrying too much about children. I told you God will bless us with children. I beg you." He hugged her so tight and told her how much he loved her with all his heart.

Donna hugged him back and replied, " I love you too, Rick.

They kissed and returned to work until the evening.

Finally, the night came and Rick and Donna closed up the restaurant and headed home. Both were extremely busy and exhausted from work today. They got home, parked the car in the garage, locked up all the gates, entered the house, and they both had a nice showerand returned to the dining room for a light supper.

Together, the couple washed all the dishes and put them on the dish rack and both decided to watch a movie to relax after a hard day at the restaurant.

After several contemplations, they finally decided on the movie to watch.

Rick popped the video in the DVD player and sat down beside his wife, put his arm around her, and laid back to watch the movie.

After the movie ended they went to bed and prayed for a brighter future with love and children someday.

Nine months later, Donna gave birth to twins, Elizabeth and Christopher. She was so happy that God answered their prayers and she praised him and promised to continue to do so for the rest of her life.

She now realized there's always hope in the Lord and he'd provide whatever she needed and he would always take care of her. 

----

Always keep hope alive no matter your struggles in life... God is always with you. 

Wattpad: @PriscillaYiadom4

Facebook: Priscilla Boakye

Instagram: @ p.yiadom

Inkitt: Priscilla 202