004 -Wired

"Are you okay? Nothing weird going on with you?" He asks again. "Must be getting annoying having me yapping about your health but I just want to make sure that you are okay. Just say the moment you need anything."

"I'm fine," I glance towards the hallway, "I am just going to head to my room for a bit, want to see what's what."

"Go ahead, I'll have one of the boys pick up dinner."

I lift myself out of the chair and into my room. I hover in the center of my room trying to take it all in, to learn more about it I guess. Where I put everything, where I liked to keep things, and even heading to my table with a computer set up, probably a workstation, or probably for games. Probably both.

Truth be told... I am putting off looking at the phone for a moment.

I shouldn't, there's a chance that it has more answers than anybody would be able to tell me. I open up the curtains to let the sun shine on the lower end of the bed. I lay down, lifting the note I type in the code to unlock my phone.

A couple of hundred messages. Missed calls. Emails. The whole lot.

None of that mattered at the moment, not as much as the choice of wallpaper. At first, it showed two of them, and as I swiped across the screen to the next display it moved on to show the two faces on the lock screen.

Ahri. I know one of their names. Ahri. I keep saying it as if to remind myself to remember her name.

 I keep saying it as if to remind myself to remember her name

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The picture looks older.  Ahri looks much more mature now than this picture... if I had to guess this was probably a year or so ago. Very good friends, huh? I suppose it could explain some of this but I am not so sure that her description is entirely true.

With a heavy sigh, I rub out my eyes, "No point waiting around."

I motivate myself to continue searching. The very first thing I do is open up my messages, my gut feels hollow; as if it was collapsing in on itself. It was exactly as I feared it would be... or... I had a terrible feeling that it would have been the case.

I don't know why I feel like this, am I feeling guilty for losing my memory? Am I mourning something that I lost even though the name doesn't even mean anything to me? Does my head remember something about it but it won't fucking tell me!?

Whatever happens, I'll still love you. Please get well soon, we miss you already.

The message doesn't feel like she was talking to me but more like... convincing herself that everything would be fine. And this? I ask myself again; what is worse?  Knowing that person you are looking at regards you as nothing more than a stranger, or that person dying instead?

Is it guilt?

Or is it just because this situation is sad enough?

Kai'Sa. A name that I recall Ahri saying. Kai'sa. I scroll up past the texts of her trying to reach me before she learns that I got into an accident. Indicators of calls that don't seem to last long, some voice notes, messages either following with 'xx' or a heart.