002 - Fringe benefits

"How was it? I mean they did say to us that it is experimental therapy... doctors said that your amnesia is more than likely trauma-related but there exists a chance that the amnesia could be due to some traumatic experience. As if your body needed you to forget something."

I curl my lip at the thought of it; the fact that something happened that out of self-preservation my head decided I was better off forgetting about it all.

"I don't know. The therapy helped me remember some things... but I don't know if I was remembering anything or just learning."

He sighs, "I also said the same thing. It felt pointless but everyone else thought it might help and when everyone tells you it will help then..." I glance at him to see him flash me a smile before returning his gaze to the road ahead, "then why would I dare stand in the way?"

"It was probably asking for too much anyway," I state. "Thinking that it would take just that much to put the puzzle back together... but I'll place it all together. Make sense of the accident and make sense of everything else."

"Yeah... I hope we can find out. Those fuckers..." I grit my teeth as I feel that very same anger.

The report stated; an onhead collision. It was a miracle that I came out of it with bruises minimal broken bones and slight head trauma. They said that the only wreck they recovered was my own and I was left alone to die bleed-out on the side of the road.

It sounds close to an assassination attempt. My heart races at the thought as if I felt that it was the case the entire time.

"They'll find them."

I don't pay it any more mind. It'll probably be better for my mental if I just didn't focus on the reason why I am the way I am right now. We pull up to the building where I worked before the incident.

Right now I don't know where I stand with them but they made sure to keep in contact with my family and friends and that the moment I can I go to work. They want to discuss quite a bit.

"I've never been inside," he confesses. "So we are both going to look like lost puppies but I imagine if we put your lost puppy face right at the front desk they'll immediately know what to do with you."

I turn to him, "Thanks for tagging along."

"Don't mention it, then again I am extremely curious," he flashes me a slight smile, but hovers in place as if he wants my permission to tag along.

I don't see why not. This is just a job. I wouldn't exactly know why I'd keep secrets, maybe I've always been a secretive person... or maybe it isn't a secret or more a preference. Once upon a time, I didn't feel the need to share things that weren't important to me.

I climb out of the car, "Up to you."

He gets out and locks the car behind us. I glance at the sign bolted to the side of the building's brick walls M-Studio. The building itself is quite large but the atmosphere wasn't anything I expected it to be.

The insides are warm and modern. Portraits hung around the walls like posters being shown off. Black marble walls and polished wooden floors. The lights almost appear stage-like with holes cut into the marble that looks almost like spotlights.

Makes you feel like an artist.

He gasps beside me and then lets out a high-pitched whistle. "Holy shit."

I nod with a smile, and the two of us approach the counter. The woman sitting behind it is hunched over with her attention locked onto her phone. I clear my throat, "Excuse me," she glances up instantly with wide eyes, "I... I was told to meet here. I-"