Chapter 5: Telling the Public

"Fitz I'm really nervous about telling the council and the public." Sophie panicked.

"Sophie it will be fine I promise they will be happy, 2 of the strongest telapath's in the world are having a kid together." He smiled giving her hand a reassuring squeeze before the giant doors opened that led to where the council was waiting for the important news that Sophie and Fitz had. Sophie took confident steps forward and stopped in front of the council with Fitz next to her.

"So what is the news that you bring to us?" Councillor Emery asked his voice booming all around the room.

"Well..." Sophie said but her voice trailed off.

"We are expecting a new telapath, a very powerful one." Fitz said.

"Where is the telapath." Bronte asked looking around.

"That is what we need to tell you, the telapath is inside me... I'm pregnant." Sophie half smiled.

"WHAT?!?!" All of the councillors shouted in unison.

"Is there something wrong with that?" Sophie asked before Fitz pulled her closer. 

"No it's just we are in shock, we didn't expect this yet." Bronte responded. Sophie nodded.

"So when will you send the scrolls be sent out?" Fitz asked.

"Right now." Councillor Emery said. 

"Thank you for your time." Sophie added. They all gave them a goodbye nod before Sophie and Fitz walked out the doors. When Sophie and Fitz got home there was a scroll on their doorstep. They had to wait another 5 minutes to open them but they already knew what was inside.

After 5 minutes Sophie ripped open the seal and the letter read,

Dear citizens of the Elvin world,

                                                                  We have wonderful news to announce. The 2 greatest young telapath's are having a child. Sophie Foster and Fitz Vacker are having a child. This child will be a great achievement for the council. Please make sure that Sophie and Fitz are not ambushed by you. We have sent 4 goblins to protect them.

                                              Truly Yours,

                                                                       The Council 

Then Sophie heard a knock on the door, it had to be the goblins. She opened the door and Sophie was surprised to see that Sandor was one of the goblins. Sophie tackled him with a hug and he hugged her back.

"It's good to see you again Sophie." Sandor smiled.

"Sophie you actually told the council... Hey it's Gigantor!" Sophie heard somebody say and of course it was the one and only Keefe. Sandor scowled and turned away.

"Can you two just cooperate for 1 minute." Sophie yelled, then a shot of pain ran up her spine.