ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 16: TEᑎTᗩTIᐯE ᒪOOKᔕ Oᖴ ᗪEᔕIᖇE

Start from the beginning

As the minutes ticked away, the couple continued to enjoy their meal, a comforting sense of ease settling between them. But in the midst of her contentment, Elena longed to know more than just his name.

"So, are you a professional chef, or are you just a good cook?" She lowered her fork as she waited for an answer. Kelan couldn't stop smiling and slowly tilted his head as their eyes met.

"What do you think? Am I just a good cook or do I really look like a professional chef?" He asked her playfully. Elena grimaced happily, trying to look like she was having trouble deciding.

"Mhh...if you allow me to judge you based on your appearance and the skills I just witnessed, I would say that you could potentially be a very good and talented chef!" Elena said with a lighter mood. Kelan cleared his throat before leaning forward on the table. His cheerful grin confirmed her words.

"Indeed, you hit the nail on the head! Impressive, but not surprising since I already gave away my profession by letting you see me cook!" Kelan muttered back with a cheeky grin on his face. Elena gasped in feigned bewilderment as her eyebrows arched upward.

"Well, that was on you, mister!" She chuckled. They both shared a few more laughs after that. Then there was silence, which made them both feel a little uncomfortable. Elena pretended to continue eating, feeling less pressure to engage in conversation. However, the next question asked of her redirected her attention.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with complete and utter concern for what had happened a few hours ago. Elena tilted her gaze to meet his deep eyes as he looked back at her.

"Apart from the fact that I slept for about six hours, I'm fine! I feel much better, thank you!" She said without making eye contact. Kelan sighed softly at the sudden change in her demeanor, very telling that she didn't want to talk about it.

"I'm glad!" Kelan tried to lighten the moment, but her once bright eyes quickly dimmed.

"How rude of me to cause you so much trouble when we don't even know each other! I'm sorry for the inconvenience I caused you by leaving your job at my grandma's house. I should have taken care of my own problems instead of dragging you along. She apologized as best she could, knowing it would probably cause him some problems at work. Kelan shook his head slowly in return, looking lovingly into her face.

"My mother always said that helping others is the way we help ourselves. And in that moment, I wanted to help you because I saw a person who really needed an escape! And I couldn't bear to see you crying anymore," his deep and sincere words surprised her.

"And how would helping me help you? Because I can't imagine how much you must have paid for this cabin, for the food, and on top of that, it could cost you your whole job!" Elena said as her eyes filled with tears. Kelan felt a sharp thump in his chest the moment he saw her getting emotional.

"Hey... hey... no... please don't cry!" He hurried to her side of the table and cupped her cheeks between his hands. The sparkle in her large, moist eyes radiated something different as she looked at him with those eyes.

"Please...don't cry...I don't want to be the reason for your tears!" He murmured while stroking her soft and rosy cheeks. Elena was completely stunned by his closeness, his scent so undeniably captivating. The air around them became fragrant, as if filled with the aroma of delicacies and flowers. Even the air shuddered at the sight of the fragrant man in front of her, filling the air with his organic, pleasant scent. Elena couldn't describe him better, even the most fragrant flowers were second to him.

And that moment was the catalyst for what was burning deep inside him. He traced his fingers along the line of her jaw. He'd wanted his mouth on hers in vivid dreams for months, and now that it was about to happen, he wanted to savor the moment. Elena's lips parted slightly as his thumb brushed over the softness of her petals, their eyes gazing steadily into each other's souls. The gap between them slowly closing, but an immediate sound startled her conviction.

"Oh, that...that's my phone...I...I have to get that!" Elena said nervously, laughing awkwardly at him. Kelan was completely startled by the sudden noise coming from the bedroom. Elena quickly pushed back her chair and sprinted into the room while he stood there confused and disappointed.

"Carl?!" She exclaimed, her heart racing as she caught sight of her phone lighting up with his name. He was persistent, never wavering in his pursuit of their connection. It wasn't just physical pleasure or wild nights for him; it was something deeper, something that kept him restless at night as he yearned for her scent, her soft lips, the delicate touch of her fingertips, and above all, her mesmerizing eyes that held his heart captive.

She unknowingly drove him to the brink of obsession, simply by surrendering herself to him in the most intimate way possible. Unbeknownst to her, she had become his ultimate addiction, his very own drug. She intoxicated him, lifting him to euphoric heights only to inevitably bring him crashing down.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Elena jumped when she heard his words behind her. She slowly turned around to find him standing near the door with a sullen face.

"No!....I'll call back in the morning!" She replied, her eyes fixed on his deep eyes staring back at her.

"I...I...just want you to know that I will pay you back every penny you wasted for helping me! I...really don't want to cause you any trouble in the future!" She muttered softly, holding onto the headboard of the bed for support. She quickly noticed a small curl of his lips.

"Why do you say that?" He asked, tilting his head slightly. Elena's puzzled look revealed the confusion in her head.

"Because it's the right thing to do! I wasted your time and money! I mean, you probably wasted money that you should have spent on your girlfriend or your family, and she could be waiting for you to get back from work, but you're stuck here with me in the middle of nowhere!" She explained frustratedly. A quiet satisfaction spread through him, her words bringing a wider smile to his face.

"So that's what you're worried about? That I might get in trouble with my girlfriend because of you?" Kelan asked as he took a few steps forward. Elena felt her lungs tighten at the sight of him coming closer.

"Well... that's not exactly what I... I mean, but... but yes! I'm sure the people you love are waiting for you to come back!" Elena stuttered her words, his seductive eyes captivating her senses. He was about to speak when a vibrating sound caught his attention. His eyes darted to her phone on the bed. That's when he realized that maybe the one who was actually waiting for her at home was the guy who was calling her for the second time. Elena noticed how his demeanor changed in a matter of seconds after her phone flashed an incoming call. She quickly picked up the phone and mirrored his gaze.

"Don't make him wait until tomorrow morning, he must be worried!" He said before leaving the room.