"Oh move on? You mean Alex with you?"

"Why do you keep bringing him into this?" I yell, completely in the dark. Is he that jealous? If he was, his actions would absolutely say differently.

"Look Im sorry I dont get it. Is it because hes a good guy? He makes you feel stable? But look, he didnt even call you when Nathan was in the hospital!" Cole gets a couple things right in his statement. He knows me so well, but I will not let him have that satisfaction.

"He didnt want to worry us!"

"Yeah, right, sounds like youre just making excuses because hes safe."

Shaking my head, again, I unbuckle my seatbelt and adjust, so I am looking at him more. "Ive been hanging out with Alex because he doesnt treat girls like you do. Hes not throwing me around."

"Like I do? What is it I do?" He laughs, unbelievingly.

"Yes. You sleeping with random girls, the way you treated Erin, what you did to Paige too!"

"And youre just little miss innocent huh? Flirting with me, and kissing me, and then cozying up with Alex? We had this exact conversation just the other night Elle. I thought you wouldve at least done some thought."

I close my eyes. "Ive never ever cozied up with Alex. Ive been waiting for you to maybe get in some fucking good state of mind, so we can be friends again Cole! You need at least apologize with everyone before you even think we can be anything!"

He sits up, and slams his back into the seat. "Sure just friends." His tone is dead now, not even sure what to say.

With that, I turn around, and open the door into the pouring rain. I dont even care that it is like this. I need to fucking get away from him. Distance is the best thing for us. I step into the rain, my heart beginning to pound from everything that just happened.

"Hey Elle! Youre going to get lost again!" Cole yells over the loud rain, stepping out his door too.

"Im on the road now genius." I call back.

"This is so stupid! Come back! Hey, maybe youre right." I stop, not even turning around to see how far he is from me. "Maybe I have pulled some dick moves with girls in the past. Okay? But swear Paige," I turn around, my eyes meeting his. The ones that are absolutely broken. The ones I get lost in every ime. The ones I can relate to so much. The ones that challenge me. The ones I hate and the ones I like so much. "She came onto me. I had no idea she and Alex were together. Until I saw his reaction at the party. But I had known there was anything going on between them, anything at all, it would have never happened. Theres no way I would hurt my little brother like that. Not then, not ever. And I thought after everything, that you of all people, would know that." His whole rant, I couldnt keep myself away. Not even thinking about it, I took steps towards him, and now I stand, a foot away from him. "But I guess I was wrong."

I'm contemplating everything ever. There is so much I want to do right now, but I have no idea the outcomes. I have no idea what would happen between us or anyone else. I want to be with him. I want to kiss him so hard right now, but I don't want reprocussions. I want to ignore it after this, until we can figure it all out. I hope he is on the same page.

"Cole I," I take a pause with a deep breath, not even sure how to ask him yet. "I know you would never hurt your brother like that. Which is why I need you to know, Alex and I are not together." His eyes lighten, knowing what I am incinuating. "I understand all of that. And I am so sorry for everything Ive done. I just need you to apologize. We need to figure this out. Because if we don't," He nods, understanding what Im saying before I even finish. "This," I gesture between us. "Will keep being a secret."