Chapter 3

Abhiraj was roaming his eyes around the conference hall; waiting to take a glimpse of the woman he had seen in the elevator. He knew she was an intern since he had seen her id card hung on her neck. It was the policy of the company to give different colored cards to know which department the employee belonged to hence he had recognized her with her card. With each passing moment his patience was running low. It was not like he was already in love with her. No. But something about her had pulled him.

“What are you doing?” Abhiraj got startled hearing a voice. He turned to find his cousin, Ankita giving him a weird look.

“What am I doing? I am not doing anything.” Abhiraj shrugged defensively.

“You were searching for someone. Who is it?” A teasing look appeared in the face of Ankita.

“No one.” Abhiraj sighed in exasperation and turned his attention towards the entrance door of the hall.
Suddenly his eyes found the woman he had been searching for and his face lit up.

Ankita, who was quietly standing beside him, followed his line of sight and her eyes met with the sight of the girl she had chosen for her team. It was Divya Chauhan. Ankita looked between Abhiraj and the girl, and an idea struck in her mind. What if they end up together? Then it will be perfect for the future of the company. She knew the intern was creative and talented since she had witnessed almost all the projects the girl had done in her college. She knew Atharva would never get married and the reason Abhiraj barely had any serious relationships was because he wanted his brother to get settled first which was looking more impossible as the days passed.

Where is the guarantee that they will fall in love? A voice in her head said. Ankita sighed and looked at Divya who was chatting with her colleagues. There is no guarantee but trying will never do any harm right? And it’s not like she is going to force them to get married. She just wants to see if they are compatible for each other or not.

Gathering all her thoughts, she walked towards the girl as Abhiraj ascended the podium to address the new members of the company.

“What were you saying to her?” Abhiraj asked as Ankita joined him on the floor after his speech ended. Abhiraj had seen her talking to Divya earlier and he was anxious to know the content of the conversation.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” She shrugged.

“Okay fine.” Abhiraj sighed. “What’s her name?” He asked after a short pause.

Ankita raised an eyebrow at him but instead of replying to him, she walked towards her elder cousin who was walking towards the exit with his PA and bodyguard.

“When are you going to stop troubling him?” Atharva asked Ankita as she walked beside him.

“Not until he finds a woman for him.” Ankita said.

Matrimony site khol rakhi hai tune? (Have you started a matrimony site?)” Atharva taunted her making her huff at him.

“Just because you are going to die as a single man does not mean everyone will. I am going to pair him with that new intern to whom he was staring so adorably.” Ankita said with determination.
Atharva rolled his eyes at his cousin. “Tu kya rishte wali aunty bante fir rahi hai?Bechara bachha hai. Usko uski zindagi jene dey kyu barbadi ki taraf dhakelna chahti hai. (Why are you becoming a nosy aunt? He is still a kid. Let him live his life and stop pushing him towards his destruction)

Ankita looked at her cousin with wide eyes. “You have got to be kidding me! A kid? He is a kid? That man recently turned 25. He attended his friend’s marriage a few days ago and you are saying he is a kid? Wow. I did not know you could joke like that, Bhai.”

“Done?” Atharva turned to her making her pout. “Focus on your work and not his love life or else I won’t hesitate to cut off your salary."

Ankita huffed and walked away from him. As she walked away, Atharva turned to his bodyguard/right hand man, Vikram. “Vikram, ask Abhiraj to meet me upstairs immediately."

Aap Jodhpur wapas ja rahe hai? (Are you going back to Jodhpur?)” Abhiraj asked as he arrived at the rooftop of the building where a chopper was standing. “Can’t you stay for a few days? You just came this morning, Bhai.”

Atharva heaved a deep sigh seeing his younger brother’s pleading eyes. “You and I both know I can’t, Abhiraj.”

“Bhai, please. Just two days.” Abhiraj pleaded with his brother.

Atharva shook his head negatively before looking sternly at his brother. “You better focus on the work rather than the intern. I will be the one to appoint the CEO not that intern.” He, then walked towards the awaiting chopper and ascended it.

Abhiraj opened his mouth in shock as he heard his brother.

“Which intern is he talking about?” Abhiraj turned his head left when he heard the voice of a woman. It was Shreesha Mittal; the current CEO of Rathore Luxury Fashion. She had accompanied her boss for his departure.

Abhiraj groaned. “I am going to kill Ankita.”

Shreesha chuckled. “Don’t everyone know she is his favorite. But what was he talking about? Did you flirt with the newbie?”

“What?No!” Abhiraj exclaimed. “I was just looking at one of the interns and that Bhai ki chamchi (Brother’s pet) decided to snitch on me.”

“Typical Ankita.” Mrs. Mittal said with a small chuckle. “So, shall we leave?”

Abhiraj glanced at the sky where he could see a small outline of the chopper on which his brother left. He sighed and nodded at her.

Mrs. Mittal softly patted his back. “There will come a day, Abhiraj. There will definitely come a day when the differences will end and you will be back to a happy family.”

“I am eagerly waiting for that day too. The cold air in the palace makes me feel lonely.” Abhiraj sighed. He was very young when his brother left the palace but he knew it was a huge conflict and something that had been started by his mother. He just wanted his brother back. He missed those days he spent with his brother while Atharva was still in Udaipur.

“Hmm.” Mrs. Mittal patted Abhiraj’s back in a comforting manner. “Now, tell me about this intern who caught your attention.”

“Not you too" Abhiraj groaned and Mrs. Mittal chuckled as they walked towards their destination momentarily forgetting the turmoil of their lives.

So, the third chapter is here. How was it? Please vote and comment guys. Please.

Also please do not forget to follow me on Instagram for spoilers.