𝐈𝐕. horrible haikus

[ chapter four . . . horrible haikus ]

APOLLO WAS TAKING HIS SWEET TIME. He always did at this time of the year. He still doesn't know why his little sister, Artemis always made a fuss about it. Demeter was acting up too since Persephone was gone. Why did she get excused?

Anyways, he was riding his chariot as always, although it was in sports car mode. Artemis needed to see him which was weird but he agreed anyways.

Classic rock blared from the radio and he still wore sunglasses during the freezing month of December. The sky lighten behind with his trail and down below he spotted small figures standing in the sheet of snow.

There was a sudden burst of light on the horizon. A blast of warmth. Apollo parked before getting out, smiling. His smile was bright and playful.

"Wow," Thalia muttered. "Apollo is hot. "

"Hes the sun god," Percy said.

"Thats not what I meant."

"Little sister!" Apollo called. "Whats up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!"

Artemis sighed. "I'm fine, Apollo. And I am not your little sister."

"Hey, I was born first."

"We're twins! How many millennia do we have to argue—"

"So whats up?" he interrupted. "Got the girls with you, I see. You all need some tips on archery?"

Artemis grit her teeth. "I need a favor. I have some hunting to do, alone. I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-Blood. "

"Sure, sis!" Then he raised his hands in a stop everything gesture. "I feel a haiku coming on. "

The Hunters all groaned. He cleared his throat and held up one hand dramatically.

"Green grass breaks through snow.

Artemis pleads for my help.

I am so cool."

He grinned at the group, waiting for applause.

"That last line was only four syllables," Artemis said.

The golden blond frowned. "Was it?"

"Yes. What about I am so big-headed?"

"No, no, thats six syllables. Hmm. " Apollo started muttering to himself, thinking of replacements.

Zoe Nightshade turned to us. "Lord Apollo has been going through this haiku phase ever since he visited Japan. Tis not as bad as the time he visited Limerick. If Id had to hear one more poem that started with, There once was a goddess from Sparta—"

"Ive got it!" Apollo announced. "I am so awesome. Thats five syllables!" He bowed, looking very pleased with himself.

"And now, sis. Transportation for the Hunters, you say? Good timing. I was just about ready to roll. "

"These demigods will also need a ride," Artemis said, pointing to us. "Some of Chirons campers. "

"No problem!" Apollo said. "Let's see... Thalia, right? Ive heard all about you. "