𝐈. unclear visions, taking action

[ chapter one . . . un clear visions, taking action ]

APOLLO WAS KNOWN FOR MANY THINGS. some knew him for this role as the god of music, health, plagues. Some knew him for his amazing haikus. Others for his tragic love life. Most for his place of the god of prophecy.

He often had dreams. Similar to the ones that demigod's had but much more important and much more complex. And also the fact that he was barely able to explain them to others. Even his fellow Olympians.

This time what he saw what he saw was a boy with raven hair and sea-green eyes. Obviously Poseidon's child.

He had his sword in hand and was fighting something. The vision flashed to the next scene. the boy is holding something up. He looks weak and frail before crumbling form the exerted pressure.

Finally, the scene dissolve to show a blonde girl. She sat looking out a window. Looking at the moon, it's light shining onto her face. He knew who she was. It was the poor soul he blessed with visions. Verena Clement.

Verena Clement sat in her room. It was now afternoon and she was working on her homework, being homeschooled and all.

She could hear the loud voices of her step siblings from the play room but tried to block it out by playing a song on CD.

She looked up from her paper and to her desk where laid her spellbook, a gift from her mother when she was 7. The last time she had seen her.

"Verena. Come out from your room." Her step-mother called.

"What is it?" Verena sighed. She stumbled out of her bed and went down the stairs to the kitchen where her father and her step-mother were preparing dinner.

"You mean 'Yes, Aria'" her father corrected her.

"Yes, Aria?" Verena sighed.

"There's someone at the door for you." Her step mother spoke pretty nervously which made Verena feel off about the whole situation.

Verena headed towards the door and fixed her silver star hair clip which was actually her trusty sword, monaxiá (solitude).

She opened the door to see a man in front of her. He had dark hair along with some grey ones and sea green eyes. Despite the fact that it was November, he was wearing your classic fisher man outfit.

"Poseidon?" She muttered worriedly. "What's-why are you here?" Verena may had said that a little too bluntly.

"Mind if I come in?" He said before entering the house. Verena closed the door and turned to him with a confused look.

"I need you to go to camp half-blood."

Camp half-blood. Verena recalls her dad speaking about it a few times. It seemed to be a place for people like her. People who were half god, half mortal.

"Why's that?" Verena furrowed her eyes at the god. There was no way he wanted her to go for her safety. There was something in it for him.

"Apollo had a vision. My son, Percy Jackson, is in danger and he said your the only one who can save him."