𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖃𝕴

Start from the beginning

But the delight faded as he noticed something or rather someone. A moment later I felt an arm wrap around my waist and lips on my cheek. Even without the smell of the perfumes, I could tell it was Carmilla.

''L'ile Louet? Such an underrated place. Good idea, honey'' She said to me, visibly showing off in front of Louis. I wouldn't say that's all she wanted, if not, last night's kiss or dance wouldn't have happened. She just used every occasion to stick a needle into Louis.

''People nowadays tend to be overstimulated. French countryside, a beautiful lighthouse, nature, and some other attractions to get some rest... Who wouldn't want that, right?'' I replied in a normal tone, but I could swear I was blushing. I wrapped my arm around Carmilla's waist as well. I lied to Louis and now I had to suffer the consequences. It's not that I didn't want to do that. It's just the fact that I could feel everyone's eyes on us.

''Oh I would. Certainly. Imagine a midnight, moonlight, lavender around us... Doesn't it sound so good?'' She murmured in her low tone. The vision of it alone was enchanting, imagining it... Oh, dear God. She knew how to stimulate my imagination.

''Oh, I forgot I was supposed to be anywhere else'' Louis muttered, obviously not pleased with Carmilla's showing off.

''I would order a coffin to solve this problem, but I'm busy, sorry'' She answered and I glared at her. She only made her innocent expression, ignoring the man's snort, before he left the place. I was just about to tell her a few words, ask her to not be so harsh on him, but then Andrea came to me with her phone.

''Boss? It's Ryanair's manager, they change the route and he wants to discuss it with you''

''Tell him I'll call him back in a few minutes'' I replied and turned on my heel just to go to the office. I quickly found this trip's documents and then called him, discussing what exactly changes, so I can apply it to our offers and send the information to other departments.

The rest of the work passed in quite a calm way. Carmilla seemed to be focused entirely on something, so I didn't interrupt her, told Louis to do some stuff with his team, and had two appointments with the sales director so I could learn more. After all, I was supposed to take over his job when he retired and it was quite soon. We also discussed some things, before I went to the kitchen. A moment later Sarah came in.

''Look whom we have here'' She started with enthusiasm. ''How's the big love going?''

At first, I wanted to sigh, but then I thought a little and smiled shyly.

''It's... Fine. We had fun tonight and... We even kissed...'' I replied, just to hear her snort a moment later.

''Wow, you went to bed and you're surprised you kissed your girlfriend for a hundredth time?''

In the first moment, I blushed completely, in the next one I realized the way she understood that and shook my head eagerly.

''No! I meant we were out and there we kissed! And truly that kiss in the bathroom was the first! And... Accidental, by the way'' I muttered in response, trying to keep my voice low. Now I had to remember how well Carmilla could hear things.

''And you're still... Ah, never mind. You're the couple anyway, I heard Louis complain about this to Suzanne. He was really hoping for something. How can someone so handsome be so dumb?'' She replied with a sigh, preparing a coffee for herself, but then she grinned at me. ''I knew you wouldn't be a long-time single. And... Well, you both fit each other perfectly. Like an angel and the devil, if you know what I mean''

The heaven in you meets the hell in me. And yet her smirk to her words. The memory of last night came storming in and I could my cheeks burn again. Why was I starting to act like a teenager who fell in love for the first time?