The Menace, The Genius, And The Naive

Bắt đầu từ đầu

   She donned a black suit with golden outlines as a uniform. With a six-button vest resting over her dress shirt. A light jacket over everything which is accompanied with a short shoulder cape. The three boys had never seen anyone wearing this uniform. Not on campus or anything. This was the first time they saw a student with this ranking.

   "Uh-Yes-! Yes, I'm Samuel! I-Uh...How may I help you?" He asked while he attempted to speak to her with a soft tone, even though that was one of his major characteristics.

   The girl giggles, before handing him a letter. Accompanied with a levitating box that appeared into view. An aura of purple magic surrounding the box, "Here. The headmaster had requested me to give this to you."

   "What is this?"

   "Don't ask me. I never opened it. And...are those two trying to hide back there?" She peaked over Samuel's shoulder. Taking a short glimpse of Samuel's friend hiding. Although, obvious, it seemed to be on purpose.

   "Ignore that!" Samuel quickly covered them, "I just uh...Never expected to see anyone here."

   "Oh, I know. It's with your reputation and all that. But I'm not too worried about that." She waves her finger, the box slops down to the ground in front of Samuel, "This is also for you."

   "Thanks..." Samuel noticed her necklace, and hoped to continue the conversation with her, even though he didn't even know her name, "Is that necklace from Lulkin's shop? Near Denmark?"

   "Oh! You know about this?" She held it up.

   "Yeah. I have a good memory. Famous shop. Quite rare to get a necklace. A ruby alongside with in fact." Samuel mentioned.

   "Well. I'm glad someone noticed. It was a gift from my mother when I moved here." The girl took a glimpse of her pocketwatch before looking back up at Samuel, "I gotta go! I'll be late for classes at this point!"

   "But doesn't class start thirty minutes from now?" Samuel asked her.

   "For you, yeah! But not for me! I'm Rovanne by the way, pleasure to meet you, Samuel." She holds her hand out.

   Samuel hesitated for a second, but he could see his friends encouraging him to shake it. And he does so. Taking a gentle grip on her hand and shaking it once, "Pleasure to meet you too...Rovanne. Stay safe."

   "You too! Bye!" She turned around and began to run down the hallway, making sure her skirt won't slow her down as much as she ran for her class.

   Samuel watched her run off for a while, before he pulled the box in and closed the door behind him. Donovan and Gary walked out of their hiding spots and stared at Samuel for a second.

   "W-What?" Samuel asked.

   Donovan and Gary shared a grin with each other, before nodding, "My man."

  "What are you guys talking about?"

   "You know exactly what we mean~ Keep it up Sammy." Donovan wrapped his arms around Samuel.

   "Guys! Stop it. It's not like that. I JUST met her now." Samuel held up the letter, "And we should open this now."

   Gary chuckled, "Ah you know how we are, sometimes, we see a girl walk by, and we can imagine our whole lives planned out in our head. We're just delusional."

   Donovan turned to Gary, "Aren't we all?"

   Samuel ripped open the mail, before he took out the letter from inside, "Who wants to read it?"

   "Not it." Donovan and Gary raised their hands in unison.

   Samuel groaned, "Fine...I'll read it..."