1.4 WE'RE NOT ALONE

Start from the beginning

The kids in the camp were running carefree, whooping and chasing each other, and running wild. They passed two delinquents straddling each other. Not a care in the world.

"Do you ever get jealous?" Aria pondered out loud.

"Of what?" Wells shot her a quizzical look. "Of them?"

The young doctor shrugged, "They don't see the world as we do. Since we got here, me, you and Clarke have been the only ones to worry or think about responsibilities. Sometimes I wish I could just not care."

Wells mulled that over silently, "I guess we're just hardwired differently, for leadership."

Aria didn't want to be some kind of leader. But she had a budding feeling she wasn't going to get too much of a choice in the matter.

"Hey, where'd you get the clothes?" Atom, one of Bellamy's goons asked as he emerged from the dropship.

"We buried the kids that died in the landing." Aria explained, gripping the shirts she was holding tighter.

"Smart." Atom grabbed the bundle that Wells was holding, "You know, I'll take it from here. There's always a market for-"

"We share based on need, just like back home." Wells cut him off.

"You still don't get it, do you, Chancellor?" Bellamy emerged from the dropship, shirtless, with a girl following behind him. Aria resisted rolling her eyes, she couldn't resist taking a second to stare at his bare muscular torso, but her blood ran cold when she saw the gun tucked into his waistband. All too well could she remember the feeling of it pressed against her forehead. She felt better as she notice a small bruise on his cheek. He kissed he girl before she glared at them and left. "This is home now. Your father's rules no longer apply.

He sauntered over to her and snatched one of the tops from her grip. "Thanks, angel." He smirked.

Wells made a move to grab it back, but Atom intervened. Funnily enough, it was Bellamy that stopped the growing fight. "You want it back..." He drawled, "Take it."

Wells turned, throwing the remaining clothes to the floor, instantly the boys behind them made a run for them. Aria held on the remaining top with defiance.

"Is this what you want? Chaos?" Wells questioned.

"What's wrong with a little chaos?" Bellamy joked, tugging his new shirt over his head. Aria rolled her eyes. "You got something to say, angel?"

"Nope." She popped the p, and pursed her lips.

Bellamy's eyes dragged down to the shirt till in her hands, still adorned by her wristband. "Still being stubborn, I see."

"Yep." She popped the p again. He glared at her with annoyance.

"You know your punches need-" The older boy was cut off by a scream. All three of their heads whipped around and they took off in a run to see the source.

Murphy was holding a girl over the fire. "Bellamy! Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if suffer a little bit first.

"Let her go!" Wells and her screamed in unison. He barrelled forward, pushing Murphy off her. Aria quickly ran to the girls side, making sure she wasn't burnt. 

"Are you okay?" Aria pulled the girl away from the fire. She nodded in response and scurried away.

Wells turned to Bellamy. "You can stop this."

"Stop this? I'm just getting started."

Murphy launched himself at Wells, punching him across the face hard. Much harder than Aria had punched Bellamy. But Wells didn't fall to the floor.