Chapter 8 - Hide and Seek

Evelyn's POV

Fuck this, it's my birthday party right, people want to play games with me, I'll play. I wipe my tears away and make sure no one is looking as I walk across to the right side of my house making the transition from sand to wood. I walk inside my house through the crowds of people, thanking God for the flashing lights and the dark. I make sure I avoid Ashton and the girls as well as Jax. I make my way to the champagne table and grab a bottle of something much stronger than champagne. I call my old dealer and tell him to bring me a 40 of coke. 

*Long time no see, I knew you'd be back gorgeous*He texts back and I send him my address.

I roll my eyes, grab the handle of liquor, and walk up to my room making sure no one sees me. I take off my blue dress and at that moment I'm thankful for my mom, she almost always gets me two of everything on special occasions. I switch masks into a fully black one and switch into a long black strapless dress that exposes much more of my cleavage, fuck it. I take three huge shots from the bottle of liquor I took, change my jewelry and my shoes, and make my way back to the party, successfully hiding from everyone I was trying to avoid. 

*Baby please, please just let me explain.-Ashton.

*Let you explain what? That everyone was playing some type of sick joke on me? I answer.

*Where are you.*-Ashton. 

*Evelyn, I'm sorry, I'm wasted I don't know what I was thinking-Jax 

*I didn't tell you sooner because I knew it would hurt you, I didn't want you to spiral Evelyn you need to understand where I'm coming from*-Sophie 

I ignore all the text messages except Ashtons. The only thing I needed to understand was that people think they have to walk on eggshells around me, so now I'll give them a reason to. 

*I'm here* My old dealer texts. 

I walk out of the front door thinking no one is looking and see a red Mustang parked amongst the sea of cars in my driveway. I had left the bottle of liquor in my room so the only thing I had in hand was my phone and two twenty-dollar bills. I walk over to the dealer's car and open the passenger door and step in to sit down. 

"Wow, look at you, some party. I thought you went sober, shits too good to stay away from, not even the princess herself could resist." He says with a light chuckle. I roll my eyes once more irritated with everyone and ask him if he's got the Coke or not. He pulls out a baggie full of a white powdery substance. 

"You want to give it a try first?" He asks. I nod my head and he puts a bump of it on my hand by my knuckle. I take a deep breath and say screw it internally, I lower my head and snort it. My ears start ringing, fuck it's some strong shit. My eyes go wide, and I laugh not realizing I just fucked up my clean time. 

"Great doing business with you," I say handing him the money and taking the baggie. Now I really want a cigarette so before I shut the door, I ask him if he can give me a quick ride to the gas station to get a pack. 

- - -

Ashton's POV

"I'm going to assume that you're so fucking drunk right now that you don't know left from right and right from wrong, because if I assume anything else I'm going to beat the shit out of you," I say to Jax as Evelyn takes off.

 I get off the rooftop, giving myself a second to breathe and giving Evelyn a second as well, but now I'm worried leaving her alone wasn't such a good idea.