Chapter 4 -Three days

Evelyn's POV 

 There wasn't a cloud in the sky today, it was so lovely outside. I loved the view that I had from my room. I was admiring the water, which I noticed was normally peaceful on most days, while seated on a little couch by my room's three windows that faced the ocean. I had my hands clasped around my knees. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next bonfire since I couldn't stop thinking about him for three days, but I had no method of getting in touch with him. I'm sitting here wondering about him and, really, this is foolish. He probably just wants to fuck me and forget me.

 *What is everyone doing, I just realized we are all starting at Fairview College when summer is over* -Sophie texted the group chat. 

*Yeah, we all applied together Soph remember? Your point??* - Gianna texts back

*that's where Jax and the rest of the guys go to school at too*-Sophie 

I completely overlooked that we'd all be attending the same college, but at least now I know that even if I don't see him for the remainder of the summer, I will eventually run into him at school. Get a grip, Evelyn, I tell myself. Wow. I head to my closet and pull on some dark grey yoga pants and a backless black top.

How should I handle my hair? Maybe I should cut it because it's getting much too complicated. I wear my hair loosely and apply mascara, clear lip gloss, and a very small amount of eyeliner to my eyes to make them stand out. Since shopping has the same healing power as the beach, I decided to put on my shoes and head to the mall. Hmm, I suppose I'll go shopping first, followed by a swim. Before I go, I make the decision to text the girls back.

*I'm going to the mall, I need food in my stomach and some retail therapy;) You guys should come over when I'm back so we can go tanning and swimming.*I hit send. 

*We'll be there babes, just let us know* - Sophie 

*Ummm duh*-Gianna 

Sadie is the only one that doesn't answer right away but I don't think anything of it. Before making my way downstairs I head over to my brother's room and check up on him before I go. 

"Hey loserrrr," I say jokingly as I knock on his door. He opens the door on the tenth knock. 

"Where are you going?" Ayden asks frowning. 

"I'm hitting the mall, I need something new," I answer. At this, he rolls his eyes. 

"Yeah, sure you do." He retorts. Then I remember something from the night of the bonfire when Gianna drunkenly told me that my brother had thanked Jax for something, but I can't remember what else she said. I'm never drinking that much again. 

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I look at him and then before he can answer I speak. 

"How do you know Jax and why did Gianna say that you were thanking him the night they were all here at the pool?" 

Ayden immediately looks uncomfortable, and I can't help but notice his Adam's apple move up and down meaning he's nervously swallowing the build-up of saliva his nerves caused. 

"I uh, I had him for a class. He was very helpful, and always slid me the answers when the professor wasn't looking. Stuff like that." He says, more confident now. 

"Well, that does sound like you, small world huh? Anyways, alright I'm going to go, if mom and Dad get home before I do tell them where I went okay love you bye-bye." I sing as I run downstairs, grab the keys from the kitchen counter, and make my way to the most beautiful car in the world.