Vol 1. Reconcile (1)

Start from the beginning

"I'm smarter than him right? " Zack asked, wholeheartedly nodding and agreeing with Zoe's statement.

Mira laughed along, stirring her juice with a straw. Glancing at you.

"Is he sucking up to a gangster?" Jiho asked.

Mira shook her head with a grin.

"Not at all. Rather, I think he's taking care of him."

Just then. Daniel widened his eyes to glance at you again. In relief. A smile curved to the corners of his mouth.

"Ah. So that's what it was."

He said with a sigh of relief. Zoe raised an eyebrow, looking at Daniel.

"Daniel? This is the first time I've seen you smile after the festival."

Mira clapped her hand in realisation, nodding to Zoe's words.

"Come to think of it, I agree." Zack said, chomping down on the braised beef.

"I heard that if you see a friend who usually doesn't smile, smile. It must mean something really good must have happened to them."

Mira said proudly, though Zack was getting strangely annoyed at the amount of times Mira and Daniel has made eye contact. A total of three times. Who keeps track of that anyways? Obviously Zack the simp.

"But Daniel usually smiles?" Zoe asked.

"Right..."

Mira put her hand at the back of her neck, drinking her juice. Daniel chuckled, continuing to absolutely devour his lunch without much thought.

"You're right. Something good happened to me." He said, a chuckle escaping his mouth.

__________________________

You glanced at them with a sigh. You heard, everything. From A to Z. About how you're absolutely stupid, and how Zack is smarter than you.

You grit your teeth, trying your best to control your annoyance with a sinister grin plastered on your face. Zack that bastard. You ought to beat him up later.

"M/n. What are you doing?"

Vasco said in a serious voice, immediately snapping you back from your thoughts. Your eyes widened, it seems you've bent the spoon from your grip so much, the soup inside the spoon was leaking to Vasco's pants.

"Ah. Sorry, I was thinking about something else."

Vasco sighed, wiping his pants. You couldn't help but feel the obvious glare that was targeting you for a long time already. It came from that guy. Since it was impossible not to recognize those big elephant ears.

It was Jace park.

You sighed, glancing at Jace. You've read the stories, that his ears were really soft. Well. Not like you were crazy enough to touch it.

Vasco looked at you, still wary.

"M/n. Are we friends?"

He said in a serious tone. He was probably considering whether you were an enemy or not. I mean. If you weren't crazy, you'd obviously agree.

Well. To be honest, it was pretty tempting to say no and see his reaction. Though you might regret it in the future.

"You said it yourself. We're friends, Vasco."