008. thoughtful pains

୭  🧷 ✧ ˚

                                                                  ୭  🧷 ✧ ˚.  ᵎᵎ  🎀

[ luna's pov ]

GOD THIS has been a tough week. Walker's getting better even if he can't do the training for most of the stunts yet. Momona visited... she was kind, and I liked her. If only I could have spent more time with her, if only me and Walker didn't have this weird tension...
Well, back to sword fighting I guess. I was slightly dizzy, due to not having slept that well because of Walker taking the bed, but it was worth him getting better.

As I finished the routine and went to get water Charlie approached me, "hey, you good?"
I looked at him for a second, sure I felt like shit... I just didn't know I was the epitome of it.
I replied, "yea, just swell."

He gave me his awkward Charlie stare when he's trying to work something out before pulling me to the side, away from the rest of the crew, I looked at him confusedly before he whispered, "listen I don't know what happened between you and Walker and I'm not that eager to know either...

but you got to sort it out. You care for him just admit it and he worries for you , we all know that, you continue like this any more and I'm locking both of you in a room until you lose this weird tension, and the honestly very awkward staring."

I laughed slightly at the last part, as the staring to me was just trying not to get lost in Walker's eyes. I nodded understanding what Charlie said, before making a plan in my head to make it better... somehow.

   ➤  back at the hotel !

I entered, hearing Batman playing.. that was weird. Batman playing without Walker mouthing word for word, some things do change. I looked around and saw Walker sleeping (if that's what you can call it), in an uncomfortable position. I switched off the movie and instead sat closer to him Leaning over to grab the dangerously close to falling popcorn bowl,

of course my luck wouldn't allow anything right as Walker woke up and decided in common Walker fashion to say, "if you wanted a hug you could just ask for it?" I snatched the popcorn away, before giving him a slight dirty look. He looked at me, first in confusion then in regret.

We both start at the same time,

" Walker, I need to talk to you,"
" Luna, we really need to talk,"

We looked at each other in confusion, before Walker urged me, "you go." There was an edge to his voice that didn't make it sound right, but I wasn't paying attention to that, and instead urged him, He gave me a look before replying, "last time I spoke.. I messed everything up."
I cringed internally, before inevitably (apparently) speaking first.

"Walker.. whatever happened. To be honest I don't even know what happened that night," taking a pause I saw Walker slightly flinch at the memory before continuing, " I really don't want to continue with whatever this is, " I paused again motioning to us.

I could see Walker understood what I was trying to say, and he nodded in response before starting, "Luna... I'm sorry. Like really, 100 times on Poseidon sorry," I let out a small giggle at that before he continued, "what I said wasn't right and my god.." at this point Walker put his head in his hands and closed his eyes. I don't know what urged me to do it, but I softly ran my hand through his hair and tried to comfort him through it all. Whatever this was.

Tentatively I asked him later after our conversation, what actually happened, and that he could share anything with me.. if he wanted to. Walker looked nervous as he glanced between me and the tv before muttering so softly, I wouldn't have heard it if I wasn't looking at him, "it's stupid."

I looked at him slightly shocked before using my finger to bring his face towards mine instead of him staring at the blanket we were sharing, i honestly didn't know what to say or do as his soft ocean blue eyes stared at me, as if asking me for answers to an untold question. In spur of the moment I hugged him, and tight.

Tight to the point, air particles couldn't get between us I felt my shoulder get slightly wet as Walker started shaking. I ran my hand through his hair over and over, before softly whispering, "it's okay.. I'm here. I'll always be here.."

➤ [ walker's pov ]  at night !

Back on the sleeping bag. Luna didn't like it, I could tell she despised it by the pure way she looked at it, but it was our only option... I mean I could sleep with her. Shut up, Walker, my brain screamed at me. She just gave you a second chance and ... never mind.

As I looked up at her, through the darkness only being able to see the silhouette, for some reason guilt hit my heart again. Something about when she told me to be friends again, I could see I really hurt her, and I hated myself for that. She said it's just for the show, but I wanted, no,  needed it to be for more. Well, at least we can talk normally again. I could tell Aryan was getting uncomfortable trying to be the good guy all around, but had brushed it aside, trying to show Luna that I'm fine.

I'm really not fine. I'm a horrible person, a worse friend, and I should have really counted my blessings instead of throwing them in a burning pit of shit. I could feel the tears surface to my eyes, I breathed deeply trying to keep them in, I could not be a crybaby now.

I needed to prove my worth, and show that I'm a good friend, I needed to work on myself... and I missed mom, and tanner, and sometimes even leena. A smile broke onto my face at the thought of them, yet even that smile felt of sadness. I was bottling up something, and I didn't even know what it was... I needed somebody, but I just didn't know how.

It's fine
It's fine
It's fine.

My brain told myself, I just needed to get better. That's all. I just need to work on myself.

ari speaks!  ˚୨୧˚
hola. I know I know. Another long wait. I'm sorry. At the end you can see a bit of Walker's thoughts, and I know that it seems very different from the Walker we know. But I'm seeing this as 13 year old, homesick walker being stressed, not really emo walker. Trust me, I'm not putting him in child actor depression. However, tell me how you feel about this as well as stay tuned for some very interesting chapters!!! People still say 'stay tuned' right?.. I hope they do, or I just terrorized my 6 year old neighbor. 🤗 pls don't forget to vote and I hope everyone reading this has a good day/night , take care of your self and don't skip any meals !!