chapter 28: harsh news

The room was filled with a mixture of confusion and amusement as Rem and Ram, my devoted maids, were in the midst of an unusual task-pulling an evil piece from my ear. Their expressions ranged from concentration to disbelief, and Rem's voice echoed through the room,

Rem:How is this possible?

Even Team RWBY, who had been witnessing the unfolding scene, couldn't hide their astonishment. Weiss's eyebrow arched in a combination of skepticism and fascination, Yang's eyes widened in surprise, and Blake simply observed with a raised eyebrow.

Rem:You lost it in your ear?

Rem exclaimed, a mix of incredulity and determination in her voice.

I responded with a casual shrug, my expression a playful blend of nonchalance.

Me:I'm not even surprised at this point. I have a knack for misplacing things in the most unexpected places

I admitted, a hint of amusement in my voice.

The room fell into a momentary silence, broken by Ruby's enthusiastic yell from behind me,

Ruby:If anyone's there in my other ear!

I turned, genuinely offended, my eyebrows furrowed in mock disbelief.

Me:Excuse me? I do not lose things in people's ears. That's a whole new level of carelessness

I retorted, feigning indignation.

Yang burst into laughter, unable to contain her amusement at the absurdity of the situation.

Yang:You've set a new standard for losing things

she remarked, a playful smirk on her face.

Weiss, ever the pragmatic one, raised an eyebrow.

Wiess:How did it end up in your ear, anyway?

she questioned, seeking an explanation for the inexplicable.

Me:I wish I could give you a logical answer, but sometimes these things just happen

I replied with a grin, my response punctuated by Rem successfully retrieving the evil piece from my ear.

Ram joined her sister in a triumphant display, holding the retrieved piece with a sense of accomplishment. "Got it!" she declared, a satisfied smile on her face.

Ruby, not one to be outdone, continued her playful antics.

Ruby:Seriously, anyone in his ear?

she repeated, earning an exasperated chuckle from Weiss.

The conversation transitioned into shared laughter and playful banter as we collectively processed the absurdity of the moment. Rem and Ram, with their task completed, returned to their usual composed demeanor.

With a mystical chant, the energy in the room shifted once again. Ruby remained my pawn, Blake assumed the role of my other pawn, Yang became my rook, and Weiss continued as my knight.

As the transformations settled, Ruby raised an eyebrow, glancing at Blake.

Ruby:Wait, you're a pawn too?

she asked, her confusion evident.

Blake nodded, accepting her new status with a calm demeanor.

Blake:Seems like we're both pawns in this chess game

she remarked, her eyes reflecting a mix of acceptance and intrigue.

Yang, now my rook, flexed her muscles with a confident grin.