chapter 15

In the opulent halls of the Gremory estate, Zeoticus Gremory, the head of the prestigious devil clan, sat with Sirzechs, his eldest son, in a tense discussion. The air was thick with disdain as Zeoticus vented his frustration, his arrogance and pride dominating the conversation.

Zeoticus scowled, his displeasure evident.

Zeoticus:That brat, Rex. Born without demonic power, yet he had the audacity to hide his true potential. A disgrace to the Gremory name.

Sirzechs, known for his calm demeanor, listened with a resigned expression.

Sirzechs:Father, Rex faced adversity. His journey was one of self-discovery, and he found strength in unconventional ways.

Zeoticus waved off Sirzechs' words dismissively.

Zeoticus:strength? He's now with Zekram Bael, aligning himself with outsiders. Disloyal and foolish. He could have been a valuable asset to the Gremory clan.

Sirzechs, choosing his words carefully, replied

Sirzechs:Father, Rex found his own path. He has a peerage that respects and supports him. Perhaps there's more to his choices than you see.

Zeoticus sneered, his disdain palpable.

Zeoticus:Peerage? A group of misfits and outsiders. The Gremory clan deserves better. We need strength, not sentimental alliances.

Sirzechs sighed, recognizing the futility of arguing against his father's deep-seated prejudices.

Sirzechs:Rex has proven himself. His journey might not align with our traditional values, but his strength and loyalty are undeniable.

Zeoticus scoffed

Zeoticus:Strength gained in the company of those from inferior clans. It's an insult to the Gremory legacy.

Sirzechs, maintaining his composure, pressed on.

Sirzechs:Father, Rex's strength lies not just in his demonic power but in his ability to forge bonds and lead. He has earned the respect of his peerage, something not easily achieved.

Zeoticus leaned forward, his eyes narrowing.

Zeoticus:Respect? The Gremory name demands power and authority. Rex is a stain on our reputation.

Sirzechs, struggling to find common ground, stated,

Sirzechs:perhaps, Father, strength can manifest in different ways. Rex has chosen a different path, but he remains a devil of resilience and determination.

Zeoticus, unyielding in his views, stood up, his displeasure evident.

Zeoticus:Enough, Sirzechs. The Gremory clan deserves an heir worthy of its legacy. Rex has chosen a different fate, and he'll have to live with the consequences.

As Zeoticus left the room with an air of disdain, Sirzechs sat in contemplation, caught between his duty to his clan and his understanding of Rex's unconventional journey.

The dimly lit alley provided the perfect setting for the clandestine encounter. The air crackled with tension as I faced off against the spy from Lux Nebarius' family. A smirk played on my lips, knowing that this confrontation would send a clear message.

The spy, clad in dark attire, lunged at me with swift movements. I anticipated his approach, sidestepping gracefully to avoid his initial strike.

Me: WIND BULLET STORM

In response, I unleashed a barrage of wind bullets, each with precision and lethal intent. The howling wind left visible trails as it cut through the air, finding its mark.