chapter 17: battling lux part 1

As I advanced towards Lux, a smirk played on my lips, and I exchanged a knowing glance with Makima.

Me: let me cook on this one

I said, my voice dripping with confidence.

Makima nodded in agreement, a silent acknowledgment of our coordinated strategy. I took a deliberate step forward, my eyes locked onto Lux and his apparent peerage. Their attacks commenced with a furious onslaught, but I snorted dismissively.

Instantaneously, my right eye glowed a radiant golden yellow, and my left eye emanated a deep, pulsating purple. The synergy of these hues signaled the activation of my mastery over space-time. With a subtle gesture, I manipulated the very fabric of reality to create an invincible barrier that repelled their every attack.

Lux's peerage, caught in a futile offensive, found their strikes halted mid-air as if hitting an impermeable force. The frustration on their faces was palpable as they grappled with the realization that their efforts were in vain.

Lux, however, wore a smug expression, seemingly unaffected by the impervious barrier.

Lux:Impressive parlor tricks, Rex, but do you think your little barrier can withstand the might of my power?

I maintained my smirk, the aetheric energy around me crackling with intensity.

Me:It's not a parlor trick, Lux. It's the mastery of space-time, a power beyond your twisted experiments.

As he barked orders to his peerage, their attacks became more frenzied, fueled by Lux's desperation. But each strike met the unyielding resistance of my space-time barrier. I watched with a cool detachment as their frustration grew, Lux's arrogance slowly eroding.

Lux himself stepped forward, a dark energy enveloping him.

Lux:You think this barrier can hold me?

My eyes glowed brighter, the space-time manipulation reaching its zenith.

Me'You're not as special as you believe, Lux. Your arrogance blinds you to the reality of your insignificance, you're uselessness

With a wave of my hand, I intensified the barrier, compressing the space around Lux. His confident demeanor wavered, and for the first time, uncertainty flickered in his eyes.

Lux:Enough of this nonsense!

Lux roared, unleashing a surge of dark energy. The clash between his malevolent power and my space-time mastery created a dazzling display of ethereal energies colliding.

The battle raged on, Lux's peerage unable to breach the impenetrable barrier. The very fabric of space-time bore witness to the struggle between ambition and mastery. The air crackled with tension as Lux's power met its match in the form of a devil who had transcended the limits of convention.

As the battle unfolded, each movement calculated and every reaction precise, it became evident that Lux Naberius was facing a force beyond his reckoning. The space-time barrier held steadfast, an indomitable shield against the onslaught of his ambitions.

Lux's two knights, armed with gleaming swords, lunged at me with unparalleled speed. The air itself seemed to ripple with their velocity. However, my space-time mastery, the Infinity Barrier, stood resolute, intercepting every strike with an ethereal grace.

As the clash of swords echoed in the chamber, I seamlessly integrated martial skills into my defense. With a fluid movement, I sidestepped a thrust, countering with a swift kick that sent one knight reeling backward. Simultaneously, I parried a slashing strike from the second knight, my own blade meeting theirs in a dance of precision.