45

a/n- I wanted to post this yesterday but I had to take my guinea pig to the vet :( he isn't doing too well so I rushed to upload this because I said I would. Anyway, the next update will be next week I'm just not sure when. 

If anyone has any tips for keeping my guinea pig comfortable while he is sick would be amazing 

anyway onto the chapter

-

As the sun cast its golden rays upon the campsite, Goka ventured into the woods in search of deer for the stew, leaving Krillin and Gohan to tend to the fire and stir the simmering pot. The forest echoed with the tranquil sounds of nature, a serene backdrop to their camping excursion.

Gohan took a seat by the fire, tending to the flames with practiced ease. Krillin settled down beside him, a contented smile gracing his features. "Ah, nothing like a good hike to start the day, huh, Gohan?"

Gohan nodded, his gaze distant as memories flooded his mind. "Yeah, it reminds me of the last time I went camping with my mom. Dad wouldn't come because he refused to sleep on the ground. Too close to the bugs."

Krillin chuckled, a knowing glint in his eyes. "Sounds like Vegeta, alright. He's never been one for roughing it in the great outdoors."

Gohan nodded in agreement, a fond smile tugging at his lips. "Yeah, but Mom always made it fun. She taught me how to get food and build a fire. Those were some of the best times."

Krillin's smile widened at the mention of Goka. "Your mom's something else, Gohan. Always full of surprises."

Their conversation was interrupted by a sudden shift in the atmosphere, a tension that seemed to hang in the air like a thick fog. Gohan furrowed his brow, his senses tingling with an unfamiliar presence.

"Do you sense that, Gohan?" Krillin asked, his voice hushed with concern.

Gohan nodded, his expression serious. "Yeah, I feel it too. Something's not right."  

Before they could make sense of the ominous feeling, Gohan was suddenly lifted into the air by his tail, his yelp of surprise echoing through the clearing. Krillin sprang into action, moving to intervene, but he was swiftly knocked unconscious by a blow from Neiz.

Gohan struggled against his captor, his heart racing with adrenaline. "Let me go!" he demanded, his voice edged with panic.

Doore, his grip tight on Gohan's tail, regarded him with a mixture of curiosity and disbelief. "How could a little Saiyan like you have defeated Lord Frieza?" he mused aloud, his voice tinged with suspicion.

Meanwhile, Salza sat perched on a nearby rock, calmly munching on a piece of fruit, seemingly unfazed by the chaos unfolding around him. He watched the scene with detached interest, his expression unreadable.

Doore's eyes narrowed as he tightened his grip on Gohan's tail, a sinister grin spreading across his face. "Let's see if you're as tough as they say, little Saiyan."

With a swift motion, Doore began to spin Gohan around, the centrifugal force pulling at his body as he whirled through the air. Gohan gritted his teeth, fighting against the dizziness that threatened to overwhelm him.

Just as Gohan felt himself losing consciousness, a familiar presence swept into the clearing, her aura blazing with fierce determination. "Let him go!" Goka's voice rang out, sharp and commanding.

Before Goka could react, Doore let out a chuckle and hurled Gohan into the nearby tent with a thud, prompting Goka to call out for her son. "Gohan!"