37

The once vibrant tournament grounds now lay in ruins, covered in a thick layer of dust and sand. The shockwaves from Piccolo's explosive energy release had devastated the area, transforming it into a desolate island that resembled a barren desert. The once lively and bustling place was now eerily silent, with no signs of life.

In the midst of the desolation, Piccolo stood, a triumphant expression on his face. His eyes scanned the barren landscape, convinced that he had emerged victorious. The absence of any visible opponents fueled his confidence, and a malevolent laughter escaped his lips.

Beneath the surface, the group, including Vegeta, Raditz, Bulma, Krillin, and others, emerged from a large hole. The ground above, weakened by the intense battle and subsequent explosion, had given way, creating an opening for them to climb out.

As they stepped onto the desolate island, the reality of the destruction unfolded before them. The once majestic tournament grounds reduced to rubble and dust. The fighters, disoriented and battered from the previous encounters, surveyed the surroundings, searching for any sign of Goka.

Vegeta, his eyes narrowing as he scanned the area, grew increasingly uneasy. His senses, finely attuned to Goka's energy, failed to detect her presence. The absence of her familiar power left a gnawing sense of dread in his gut.

"Where is she?" Vegeta muttered, his voice low and filled with concern.

Raditz, equally perplexed, joined the search. "Goka! Where are you?" he called out, his voice echoing through the desolation.

Krillin and the others followed suit, calling out Goka's name in hopes of receiving a response. The vast emptiness, however, swallowed their voices, leaving only the haunting echoes of their calls.

Piccolo, still standing in the midst of the desolation, watched the unfolding scene with a sinister satisfaction. His laughter intensified as the fighters grew more desperate in their search for Goka.

Vegeta, frustration building within him, turned to Piccolo. "What's so damn funny, Namekian?" he demanded, his fists clenched.

Piccolo's laughter echoed through the barren landscape. "Even without Chi-chi's help, there's no one left to stop me. Your precious Goka is nowhere to be found. She's gone, vanished in the aftermath of my power."

Vegeta's eyes flared with anger. "Where is she?" he growled, his patience wearing thin.

Raditz, unable to contain his rising tension, stepped forward. "Don't play games, Piccolo. Tell us where she is!"

Piccolo continued to revel in their distress. "Why should I tell you anything? She was so close to the blast; she could be anywhere, or in many places. Maybe she's nothing more than ashes scattered across this wasteland."

Bulma, unable to hold back her grief and anger, yelled, "She was pregnant, you monster!"

The revelation hit Piccolo Jr. like a sudden shock. The malicious grin on his face faded, replaced by a momentary pause. 

Vegeta, his patience worn thin, unleashed a relentless assault on Piccolo, each blow echoing through the desolation. The fierce storm of his attacks painted a vivid picture of his fury. Krillin, Tien, and the others moved to join, but Raditz halted them with a raised hand, his eyes mirroring the turmoil within.

As Vegeta vented his rage, the desolate silence was interrupted by a subtle cough that caught Bulma's attention. Initially dismissed as a product of her imagination, she tried to call out to the others. Unsuccessful, she elbowed Raditz, who seemed lost in the overwhelming chaos.

Frustrated, Bulma turned to Launch, who was nearby, and gestured urgently for her attention. Launch, understanding Bulma's urgency, pulled out her gun and fired shots into the air, creating a loud noise that finally pierced through the fighting, commanding everyone's attention.

Raditz and the group turned, and Bulma, running toward the source of the cough, pointed them to where Goka lay, partially covered in sand.

Krillin and the others rushed to Goka's side. Meanwhile, Raditz looked back to see Vegeta continuing his relentless assault on Piccolo. Raditz grabbed Vegeta's shoulder, stopping him in his tracks.

"What the hell? Can't you see I'm busy?" Vegeta snapped, whirling around.

"Look," Raditz pointed

 He pointed toward where Bulma was helping Goka sit up, wiping sand off her. Vegeta's eyes widened, and Raditz instructed him to leave Piccolo; they knew he couldn't do anything.

As Vegeta turned away from Piccolo, Goka, with Bulma and Krillin's assistance, got up. Raditz approached her, engulfing Goka in a hug. "You worried us, sis," he murmured.

Goka, with a faint smile, reciprocated the hug. "I'm okay, Raditz. Don't worry."

As Raditz held her at arm's length, concern still etched on his face, Goka's gaze swept the desolate landscape. "Where's Vegeta?" she asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

Raditz, glancing back at the ongoing battle, sighed. "He's dealing with Piccolo. The whole place went crazy after your explosion. We thought..."

Goka nodded, understanding the unspoken words. "I need to talk to him," she said, determination in her eyes.

Krillin and Bulma, concerned, tried to stop her. "Should you be walking?" Bulma asked.

"I'm fine," Goka insisted. At that moment, Kami approached. Placing a hand on Goka's shoulder, he healed her slightly. Goka, shocked and grateful, thanked him.

"You and your baby are fine," Kami assured her. "After the little one is born, come visit the lookout above Korin's Tower."

Goka thanked him, agreeing with a nod, and Kami returned to the others. Goka continued toward Vegeta alone.

Vegeta, amidst his frustration, grunted in response. A pregnant pause lingered, tension thickening the air. The quiet bore the weight of unspoken words, Goka grappling with the apology she owed.

Vegeta's voice cut through the stillness, sharp and hurt. "You didn't think to tell me?" A momentary silence held, Goka absorbing his words.

"I'm sorry," she admitted, the regret evident in her voice. "I should have. I was going to tell you after the tournament."

Vegeta sighed, tension slipping from his back. 

Noticing the tension slipping, Goka stepped forward, wrapping her arms around him from behind. He tensed initially but gradually relaxed under the warmth of her touch.

After a moment, Vegeta turned around, placing his hands on each side of her face. Their eyes locked, a silent exchange of emotions passing between them.

"I'm sorry," Goka said again, her voice carrying the weight of the recent events.

"I thought I lost you," Vegeta admitted, his gaze shifting to her stomach, and he corrected himself, "Both of you."

Goka met his gaze, and he continued, "No more lies."

Looking back into his eyes, Goka nodded. "No more lies."

Vegeta pulled her into a kiss, a mixture of relief and longing evident in the gentle intensity. When he released her, still holding her face, he looked down at her belly. "I'm picking the name," he declared matter-of-factly, a spark of determination in his eyes.

Goka laughed, the sound carrying a blend of joy and relief. "We'll see." 

With their eyes locked, the tension eased, and the vast desert island seemed a little less desolate.

a/n -  I hope you liked it! This is the last chapter before I take a break for a week or so, I will be back either next week or the first week of the new year.

I hope everyone has a lovely holiday season! If I don't post till January, I wish everyone a Happy New Year! Thanks for reading! Much love