21.

«you are different from
the entire universe,
you are a point which
never revolves around me,
a sun that shines for me alone.»

Caius and Marcus had complied with Daisy's instructions, but only twenty-seven other people had been safely removed from the cult without being arrested or found dead, and many of those were children. That case quickly escalated from a mass hostage situation to a mass murder situation.

Francis, however, was now in handcuffs and Daisy was angry, but despite this she was satisfied that she had managed to make another asshole understand that he wasn't special for winning a game against someone who didn't even know that was playing.

Daisy wanted to kill him, she had every right to do so, but she wasn't going to let a shitty man like him ruin her career and so she maintained her self-control and was now sitting on the jet with her colleagues, headed to D.C.

They were all sitting around, talking to each other, and Daisy was extremely happy that she had made it back alive, but she had also missed another of her usual Sunday appointments and couldn't really be at peace with herself.

"How's your head?" - Luke asked her at a certain point, probably thinking that was the reason for her bad mood

"No one has complained yet." - Daisy replied, earning a curious look from the rest of the team

"Excuse me?" - Rossi asked, chuckling

"Oh, I think I'll survive." - replied the young woman with a smile

Everyone seemed to be relieved by that answer, everyone except Emily who every now and then looked at the bandage on Daisy's wound as if she could heal it with the strength of her thought or the intensity of her gaze. The older woman had truly feared losing the brunette during that mission and she had learned that that wasn't really something she was willing to do.

Emily was very angry with the other woman because it seemed to her that Daisy had this particular inclination towards risk that some would have easily called suicidal instincts. The gray-haired woman was so enraged by the constant danger Daisy was willingly subjecting herself to that she felt a stronger urge to scream grow in her chest as they got closer to Quantico.

"You absolutely have to explain to us how a little girl like you learned to fight so well. The situation in there was really difficult." - JJ told her, genuinely curious

"Come on JJ, everyone has a bad cousin who teaches you a few little things, like how to smoke, how to do petty theft, how to fight, how to choose your favorite cocktail."

"And which cousin was?" - JJ always asked

Everyone looked at Daisy with a shocked and amused look. Rossi had even distracted himself from the book he was reading to hear that story and even Emily, who had remained on the sidelines until then, seemed interested.

"I was that cousin." - Daisy replied laughing

"Obviously it was you." - JJ replied laughing and the youngest agent replied with an innocent smile

"You didn't answer the question though, I'm curious too. Where did you learn to fight like that?" - added Tara

"I have no idea, I haven't learned anywhere. Some people can sing, some can play, some can draw, apparently I'm good at fighting and with weapons." - replied the brunette

Evidently that answer satisfied everyone because the topic was never brought up again and Daisy was convinced that she had fallen asleep on the remaining journey to Quantico. It wasn't a particularly deep sleep and she was disturbed by the voices of her colleagues.