His Care for Her

I was never supposed to bring Jiya for this lunch meeting but the moment my client came to know about our engagement he requested to meet her

Normally, I would have declined, but this particular client is very important to me.

We drove towards the restraunt when I glanced at Jiya sitting beside me who was figeting with her fingers.

"Something wrong?" I asked her while she just shook her head.

"Jiya, I just want to warn you that it's an important meeting and I wish to get over with it as soon as possible without creating any problems."

"You think I create problems?" She sounds offended.

"No, that's not what I mean."

She rolled her eyes without uttering anything.

"You know we have to pretend like a happy couple? You're okay with that?" I wanted her consent and make sure she is comfortable with it.

"Not something, I'd love to do. But whatever!"

I sighed. She really can't give me straight answers.

Upon arriving, I motioned for the valet to stop before he could open Jiya's car door.

I handed the valet my keys and walked around the car to open Jiya's door. She quietly muttered a thank you, and I simply nodded in response.

As we walk to the inside of the restraunt she asked me.

"What is the deal about?"

"Well," I began, "this client is actually a renowned entrepreneur, I'm interested in one of his propeties but it's been tough to convince him to sell the land to us. "
Jiya's eyes widened with surprise. "That's incredible! No wonder you couldn't say no to meeting him."

I nodded, acknowledging her understanding.

"Exactly. This lunch meeting is an opportunity for me to pitch our ideas and secure the deal. The fact that he wanted to meet you as well is unexpected, but it could work in our favor."

With a curious expression, Jiya asked, "Why does he want to meet me? I mean, I'm just your fiancée."

I chuckled softly, admiring her modesty.

"You're more than 'just' my fiancée, Jiya. You're an accomplished professional in your own right. You are literally the most famous lawyer of the country, and this client has become fascinated by your achievements."

"Did you just praise me?" She asked dramatically keeping her hands on her chest.

I rolled my eyes at her and grab her hand dragging her along with me.

As we reached the entrance of the restaurant, the hostess welcomed us and led us to a private area reserved for our meeting. The ambiance was upscale, with soft lighting and soothing music playing in the background. Jiya glanced around, clearly impressed by the elegant surroundings.