Family Dinner

"Jiya, put your arms around his neck and move closer

"Jiya, put your arms around his neck and move closer."

The photographer instructed making me stiff at my place.

Atharva and I had spent the entire morning taking photos for our pre wedding shoot.

The entire week went normal until I recieved a call from his grandmother to get these pictures clicked. Everyone is too excited for the wedding.

Not gonna lie she's very sweet but all of this going way too fast.

"Do as she says so we can get  over with this,”

 Atharva growned in my ear. My jaw was literally hurting at this point after giving 'fake smiles' to the camera.

A few seconds of awkwardness lingered between us.

When I didn't come closer to him he practically sighed and took matters in his hands. Closing the gap between the two of us he wrapped his arms around my waist and said.

" Look at me"

I turned my head towards him and the camera shuddered.

"Perfect! "

The photographer exclaimed giving the next instructions.

Since I just wanted to get over with the torture, I placed my hands on his jaw and feel a sheer change in his expressions but he was quick to get back in his Satan mode.

This much amount of close proximity was not helping me at all. I am damn sure he can feel my heartbeats and if worst may be more things than that.

For a week I didn't hear anything from Atharva as if we never crossed paths, not that I was expecting flowers and sweet messages every day like normal couples.

But he could have atleast basic manners to greet me with a 'Hi' this morning. All he did was take a glance at me and get back with his secretary completely ignoring my presence.

"Can we have a picture with a kiss. Then we'll wrap up the shoot."

My eyes widened hearing the photographer.

I couldn't even say no in front of them. No couple would mind kissing each other for pictures and I couldn't come up with any excuse right now.

And if I say no I'm pretty sure it won't take much time for them to make it into a gossip and spread it like a fire. I've no interest in being a part of their gossip column.