♠ - III.I - The Lonely Prince - ♠

A light pat touched Daisy's shoulder. She ignored the hand as her heavy sleep didn't allow her to respond to the call.

"Excuse me, Miss," called a calm voice in the background.

Daisy kept her eyes shut as the person patted her shoulder.

"Excuse me, Miss," persisted the voice, "please wake up, we're about to land."

It took several seconds for Daisy to finally open her eyes. She turned around and saw a blonde flight attendant smiling at her.

"Please fasten your seatbelt," said the flight attendant, "we're about to land."

"Oh." Daisy's eyes widened. "O-OK."

As the flight attendant nodded with a smile and walked away, Daisy sat straight, looking for her seatbelt. When she found it, she quickly set it around her waist, wondering when she fell asleep and why she had that dream out of all things. Was she anxious or was fate showing her the irony of her situation?

She shook her head, her neck-length curls touching part of her face in response.

Everything will be alright.

She fastened her belt, remembering how she disliked that fairytale her mother used to read to her when she was little. Her mother would tell her that not all fairytales had happy endings. Still, Daisy would protest and say that the tale was disappointing and that whoever wrote it was a bad storyteller.

It wasn't until Daisy developed her powers and went to the Mystic Kingdom that she found out that the young princess of that fairytale was her mother. When she confirmed her theory with her mother, Daisy was told that her mother was happy she figured it out and she couldn't wait to see what Daisy's ending would be since fairytales were real and everyone had one.

Remembering her mother's words, Daisy folded her arms.

Fairytales are real.

She shook her head, thinking there couldn't be anything worse than living in a fairytale like her mother's since despite her mother being happy with her life, she still felt bad for failing to help the handsome prince. Remembering that character, her mother never told her who the Handsome Prince was based on. Although Daisy had a few theories.

As she felt a force pushing her down, Daisy peeked through the window to admire the scenery as the plane descended. Her brows arched as she spotted the buildings of Rome filling the vast land. As the altitude dropped even more, she realized how the architecture had more of an ancient European feel with those old-looking edifices. She smiled.

It's going to be fun exploring the city.

Not that there was much difference in design compared to the town she grew up in Cape Verde, but there was something historical in that Italian architecture that made her heart race. Maybe having been born and living there in her early childhood had something to do with that excitement.

The plane continued its descent, reaching Fiumicino International Airport. Daisy felt the force pushing her down again. She sat properly. Sometimes she didn't like being half-fairy. If she was pure, her magic wouldn't be limited, and she could teleport from Cidade da Praia to Rome instantly.

As the plane landed and taxied around the runway to park, a voice from the speakers welcomed the passengers to the country.

✰✰✰

Daisy pulled along her luggage after a long process of showing passports and filling out documents. Outside the area of immigration, she saw a crowd of people either waiting for the people they knew or holding papers with names written on them. Daisy looked around to see if she could spot someone with her name. But as she walked by, she didn't find anyone.