♠ - II - Once Upon a Time - ♠

Once upon a time, in a magical land far away, the Queen had given birth to a beautiful baby girl. The people of the kingdom were disappointed that a woman would rule them once more, but they rejoiced at the birth of the heir to the throne.

With each passing day, the young princess grew more beautiful and talented. She was the perfect daughter and proved herself to be a worthy heir. However, everyone had a flaw, and hers was curiosity. She had a habit of sticking her nose into other people's business. She meant no ill will by it as she just wanted to help. But not everyone wants assistance.

But despite it all, she never broke the rules and always was the perfect daughter and the perfect princess until one day, her curiosity got the better of her. As a young woman, she wondered what the other worlds looked like.

You see, the royals were forbidden to leave their kingdom, but the little princess was too curious for her own good. After a long journey, the princess found herself in the New World.

It was not as exciting nor as grand as the princess had hoped it would be. As she navigated the rather boring lands of the New World she landed herself in some deep trouble.

Thankfully, a handsome prince and his annoying sidekick were on hand to save the day. Indebted to the prince, the young princess asked him how she could return the favor.

As it turned out, the Prince was already betrothed to a princess, one not of his choosing of course and to make matters worse, he was in love with a commoner. The shock of such a tale almost had the Princess faint, but of course, she was a brave little thing and decided to help the young man out with his romantic troubles.

To make matters further complicated, the Prince's mother was a witch. She wasn't an evil witch; she only wanted her son to marry the neighboring kingdom's princess so that trade could flourish and the economy could be stabilized.

But such concepts seemed to matter little to the Prince who was moony-eyed over his sweetheart.

The young princess decided to stay in the New World and help the Prince. She promised him she would do all in her power to give him his true love.

It turned out she couldn't as the Prince married the promised Princess. But the story didn't end there as the young princess fell in love with the Prince's sidekick. Who turns out wasn't very annoying when she got to know him. She wanted her shot at a happily ever after, so she stayed in the New World.

She got to be with her beloved but she wasn't very happy. For starters, she had failed her handsome friend, the prince. Secondly, she hadn't returned to her Kingdom, which was now in a state of panic over their missing princess.

The beautiful, young Princess had failed her Kingdom and had broken a promise.