24 | we only go backwards

—[twenty-four]the worst date ever—

[twenty-four]
the worst date ever

Sadie awkwardly ate her tamale as she took a break from trying to spark a conversation. It had been fifteen minutes since the two had officially introduced themselves to each other, and Louis had yet to speak to her.

She'd tried getting to know him more like asking him what his favorite color was, what he liked to do for fun, his favorite cheese—nothing more than a couple shakes of his head and one shoulder shrugs in response. He just continued to stare at her.

It was...different.

Granted, she didn't have many interactions with boys, especially cute ones like him. But the few times she did, there was more talking. Banter, even. She liked the back and forth. She liked being challenged. She liked being able to speak her mind, whether it was what someone wanted to hear or not, which was more often times not—

Oh god, Sadie internally gasped, I'm thinking about Descamps.

She furrowed her eyebrows at the thoughts flooding through her head at the comparison.

Why in the hell am I thinking about him? We literally only bicker!

But at least she could talk with him. He still engaged with her, instead of just staring her down.

To be fair, Descamps would stare at me a lot too—

But at least he could multitask!

Unconsciously, Sadie looked around for the blond haired boy, gaze scanning the different tables for Descamps. She had found Dupin sitting with Molly and Annick, having a lot more fun than she was, and Vergoux standing off to the side, surprisingly already keeping a good eye on her. Though right as she made eye contact with him, he looked away and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, causing Sadie to furrow her eyebrows.

There are those two, where's the third? Wait, why do I care?!

Sadie abruptly shook her head at the horrifying thoughts running through her mind, and instead turned to Louis sat beside her. With realization, dirty blond turned to brunet and one brown eye turned to two.

"So!" she cleared her throat, causing him to look into her eyes once again, "What are your, uh, dreams?"

His eyebrows furrowed at her. "My dreams?"

"Um, yeah! What are your goals in life? Your greatest passions?"

He chuckled a little at that, before shrugging. "I don't really have one, besides working towards being the top student all three years, I don't have a single stain on my record."