Why didn't you tell me?

Kirra and Harry left her office without a word. The school was quite deserted; it was surely past midnight. They both said goodnight to each other softly, both of them knowing just how much pain the other was in. They separated, Kirra  walked slowly up the corridor then, when she had turned the corner and was sure that she would not hear him, broke into a run.

She had not had time to practice Vanishing Spells, had not written a single dream in her dream diary, and had not finished the drawing of the bowtruckle, nor had she written her essays. She woke up early the next morning to rush down to practice, wincing as her jumper rubbed against her arm and hand. She struggled to stay awake during practice, then she skipped breakfast to scribble down a couple of made-up dreams for Divination, their first lesson, and was surprised to find a disheveled Alexandra keeping her company.

"How come you didn't do it last night?" Kirra asked, as Alex stared wildly around the common room for inspiration. Ron, who had been fast asleep on one of the couches in the common room when Kirra got back, muttered something about "doing other stuff," bent low over her parchment, and scrawled a few words.

"That'll have to do," she said, slamming the diary shut, "I've said I dreamed I was buying a new pair of shoes, she can't make anything weird out of that, can she?"

They hurried off to North Tower together.

"How was detention with Umbridge, anyway? What did she make you do?"

Harry hesitated for a fraction of a second, then said, "Lines." 

"That's not too bad, then, eh?" said Alex.

"Nope," said Harry.

"And i'm assuming she didn't let you leave early"

"No," said Kirra with a yawn.

"That sucks," Alex says as they walk into class. Kirra beelines right over to Mattheo, Jasper and Theodore who had obviously saved a spot for her. She had a loose jumper on with long sleeves that covered her hand and arm. 

"Why didn't you come to breakfast this morning?" Mattheo asked her as soon as she sat down. Kirra let out a tired sigh as she slumped into her seat next to Mattheo, Jasper, and Theodore. She rubbed her eyes wearily, feeling the weight of exhaustion settling in her bones.

"Didn't have the energy," Kirra mumbled, her voice heavy with fatigue. "plus I had to finish all my homework"

Mattheo's brow furrowed with concern as he reached out to gently squeeze Kirra's hand... luckily it was her left one... "You alright, love? You seem exhausted."

Kirra managed a weak smile, grateful for Mattheo's comforting touch. "Just a rough night, that's all. Detention with Umbridge wasn't exactly a walk in the park."

Jasper leaned in, his expression curious. "What did she make you do?"

"Lines," Kirra replied, her voice tinged with frustration. "over and over, 'I must learn to respect authority.'"

Theodore snorted. "Seems like her... stupid bitch, I cant believe she made you sit there for hours just writing the same fucking line over and over."

Mattheo's grip on Kirra's hand tightened slightly, his concern evident. "Did she at least let you leave early?"

Kirra shook her head, a weary expression crossing her face. "Nope. Had to endure the whole thing."

"That sucks," Jasper chimed in sympathetically, joining the conversation. "But hey, at least it's over now and at least it was just writing lines, so it isn't that bad."

Kirra managed a small nod, grateful for the support of her friends. Despite the exhaustion and frustration, their presence brought a sense of comfort that she sorely needed.