Chapter 10

Mattheo wrapped his arms around her tightly, his eyes squeezing shut as he pulled her into his embrace. She could feel his heart thumping harshly in his chest against her shaking chest.

"Are you okay?" He asked her quickly, his words were muffled and almost hard to understand as his face was buried into her neck. She could feel the kisses of his tears soaking into her skin, his sorrow flowing through her flesh and bones as he held onto her tighter. 

She could feel her heart cracking at the sight... the sound of his muffled cries. 

"I'm..." she didn't know how she felt. There were so many things flowing through her head at the moment that she really didn't know what to feel. Her hand came up to the back of his head, her fingers tangling softly into the locks at the bottom of his nape. 

The sound of someone clearing their throat was enough to make her lift her head away from Mattheos, though her grip on him didnt losen. She lifted her eyes to get a better look at her surroundings. She was in her bed and was now surrounded by many people. Some were looking at her with intrigue, some curious, some fearful.

She looked up at Sirius, her bottom lip trembling slightly as she looked at the cloudy grey eyes that belonged to all those in the house of Black. A small sob falling from her boyfriends lips made her look back down at him

"I'm sorry," she whispered to him softly. She hated how much she put him through, how much she put all of them through, "I'm so so sorry," she kissed the side of his head.

Mattheo pulled away slightly. Everyone besides Kirra was shocked to see the red hue of his face that was accompanied by tear stained cheeks. He reached up, his hands softly grabbing her delicate face in his hands, his thumb swiping along her skin to collect the one stray tear that began to fall down her pale face.

"I was so worried, I didnt know how to help you, I didnt know what the fuck was going on," he ranted, the words rolling of his tounge as his eyes flickered over her face as if he were checking for any injuries. 

"I love you," she whispered, the promise falling from her lips elegantly. No matter how many times he heard her say it, the waves of electricity that shot through him persisted as he felt his stomach go giddy.

He leant forwards, his forehead leaning against hers, "I love you." She looked forwards into his earthy eyes. She could see the pure fear in them. Her gaze flickered down to his lips, she could tell he had been biting them, there were bits of blood and lifted skin from where he had been gnawing into it. 

"I hate to ruin the moment but do you have anything to share with the class?" Fred Weasley spoke up,  his usual wide grin no longer on his face, "or are we just going to pretend that none of that happened?"

"I don't really remember much," she admitted softly, leaning back slightly, a tired expression covering her features. She looked over at Sirius and Remus who were standing next to each other, both equally as worried as their eyes never left her, "I don't think I know much more than you do."

"It was weird... I, well, you... I don't," Remus was trying to find the best way to say it. A way to say it that wouldn't make him sound insane, or wouldn't upset anyone or bring back any memories. He was stumbling over his words, something that never really happened to him. He was usually extremely well spoken, his words clear and elegant... it was like looking at a whole other person

Sirius cut him off, "it was Emily. I know it was. Her mannerisms, the way she spoke, her attitude. It was her, I know it was her," Sirius rambled out, not being able to stop himself. Remus turned to him, his mouth open slightly as he tried to find the words to say