Chapter 8

Mattheo threw open the door to the drawing room with a sense of urgency, his heart thumping loudly in his chest at the sound of distress in his girlfriend's voice. Jasper almost went ass over head as he stopped patting Whiskers and tried to stand up, stumbling from his sense of urgency. 

Mattheo didn't even bother to spare a glance behind him to see if anyone was following after him. There were a million thoughts floating through his head. Had one of Voldemort's followers broken into the house? Had she accidentally hurt herself? Was there another one of those dangerous creatures attacking her?

"Little Badger! Hang on, I'm coming up!"

Leading the group, he sprinted up the stairs, drawn by the loud thumps that echoed through the corridors. "Where are you? What happened?" Mattheo exclaimed, his voice filled with concern, propelling himself forward with newfound speed. Turning a corner into the main hallway, he caught sight of Kirra pushing herself up from the ground.

Her body was swaying a bit, her back in a slight arch as she hunched over slightly. Her usual pale skin seemed to somehow be even more pale than usual, making her freckles even more prominent, the constellations on her cheeks sticking out like a sore thumb. 

She was looking around at the walls around her, her eyes wide and a scared expression on her face. Mattheo didn't even get a chance to run over to her as Sirius pushed past Mattheo carefully and rushed over to her, going to grab onto her to help her steady herself. 

Mattheo stopped dead in his tracks a he watched her reaction. 

Kirra pushed Sirius away, stumbling back away from him, her arms going up, her hands clenched as she took a fighting stance. 'Since when did she try to punch people?' Mattheo questioned himself, confusion crossing his face, she typically tried to avoid fights, and he definitely had never seen her raise her fists towards someone

"Where the fuck am I?" she asked, looking around her once again. Her breathing was heavy and fast and she looked like she was beginning to get angry, her eyes quickly flickering between each of the people in the room as if she were assessing them, trying to figure out each of their danger levels and how easy it would be for them to hurt her. 

"What are you talking about? Did you fall and hit your head or something?" Fred spoke up, confusion written all over his face.

"You okay lil Hufflepuff?" George spoke up, the twins both made an attempt to walk towards the Hufflepuff, wanting to help her out but their mother had grabbed ahold of their wrists, holding them both back, a weary look on her face. 

"Hey, lets all just calmDon't tell me what to do," She snapped at him, raising her wand slightly so it was now pointed right at his face, "dont think I wont do it."

Everyone's eyes widened in shock, none of them really knew what to do, they had no idea what was happening. Sirius Black was one of the last people that Kirra Potter would try and threaten, and yet here she was with her wand pointed at him, the look on her face showing that she was more than capable physically and mentally of casting a spell that would do some damage to the man.

"Who the hell are you guys?" she snapped, the tension in the room escalating. Her voice was getting louder and louder as the seconds passed. Her eyes dangerously danced over to the group of people behind Sirius.

Molly quickly tried to push all the children behind her while Sirius quickly put his hands up in surrender to try and calm her down. Harry, Hermione and Ron were all sharing shocked glances. Ron and Harry were waiting for Hermione to sprout some random book knowledge on what the hell was going on, but she looked just as confused and hopeless as they did. 

Mattheo tried to walk towards her, "Kirra hey love, what's going on?" he asked her in worry, he was walking slowly, trying his best not to scare her any more than she already was. Her chest was heaving up and down, the hairs on her arms sticking up, her body on full alert, ready to react as soon as someone made one wrong move