Chapter Six - Always the Last to Know.

Start from the beginning

I guess you could say that I was shocked. And honestly, a little relieved that my dad believed me. I had feared he would tell me to stop being so sensitive. And for that I felt a sliver of shame. Of course, he would believe me. I was his flesh and blood. I was his daughter. His little girl.

"You fucking sick bastard!" My dad roared as he punched Graham repeatedly over and over, "my daughter?! My fucking little girl, you sick fuck!"

"Dad-!" I approached tentatively and not because I thought that he would hurt me but because I knew that in the heat of the moment accidents happen. My power was still hanging from my hand at the ready to use with just a flick of my wrist.

Slowly he seemed to come back to himself and rose to his feet, turning to me, his eyes shining with shame and regret, "are you ok?" He asked me, he seemed completely unconcerned about the fact that I was displaying power that really shouldn't be possible.

"I am. I handled it!"

"I can see that!" Finally, he looked down and when he looked back up at me it was with something akin to sympathy.

What was that?

"Wait here, keep an eye on him, I am not done with him yet!" He growled as he grabbed his cell-phone and left the room.

I remained where I was standing, my power crackling in the air, it was an oddly comforting sound. "You fucking bitch, why did you have to do that?" Graham spluttered blood from his mouth where dad had managed to punch a tooth out of his mouth.

"I told you what would happen if you came back here. I was prepared to keep it to myself as long as you did as I said but your dumb-ass is the one who couldn't follow simple fucking instructions!"

"He's my best friend-"

"Maybe you should have thought of that before propositioning his barely legal fucking daughter!" I charged angrily, "you are sick, and you are fucking lucky I pulled him away from you when I did!"

"Fucking cunt!"

"What. Did. You. Just. Call. Me?!" I asked, my tone dropping as I stepped closer, raising my arm and flexing the power as the long whip-like energy snapped on my command.

There was something addictively powerful about having this power and it would be so easy to be seduced by the fact that I never have to be vulnerable ever again. I couldn't let that happen to me. I wouldn't let that happen to me.

"Yes, what did you just call my daughter?" My dad appeared behind me, resting his hand on my shoulder and if he felt the charge of my power, he showed absolutely no signs of it as he held me back from stepping any closer, "Evie, sweetheart, I want you to go to your room and pack up your clothes -"

"What? Why? Are you kicking me out?"

"No baby-girl, never! But there is somewhere that you need to be, somewhere that can explain more about who you are than I ever could!" he looked sad, resigned even and honestly, I didn't understand, "I've been waiting for this moment for a couple of years now and I had hoped that maybe it had missed you completely, but it is clear that it hasn't. I wanted to talk to you, to tell you everything but when it seemed like you were just like me, I stupidly thought that I would never have to tell you!"

"Tell me what?" Confusion was beginning to set in.

"Come to me, Eve!" And that damn voice was back, whispering in my head in a seductive tone.

"Your mom didn't die, Evie-" my dad stated – his tone devoid of emotion, as if he were reciting some sort of script that he had been given for this moment.