The Wrath of a Lone Wolf

Start from the beginning

"Who knows how to shoot a rifle?" I ask and a woman raises a hand. I hand her the rifle and mags I used. You and the security guard set up a safe zone, wait for the cops so they can identify you all, and I'll send as many people as I can to you all." I say and begin to gear up.

"You're Delta Force." The clinic woman that gave me my medicine says.

"No. My Dad trains them, I just train with them." I say as I put my Voidling Baseball Cap on backwards. I load my rifle and look over to see Roach's car. "But the ones I train with are here too." I say and make sure my suppressor is snug.

"You're actually going back in there? What about your loved ones?" The scared woman asks and I smile at her.

"I have the training to help people and I don't have any kids. Even though they say otherwise...they can move on if I die. Besides, my brothers and my Battle Buddy are in there. I need to get to them and escort them here to get geared up. Keep each other safe." I say and begin to head back inside.

"Thank you!" The woman calls out and I smile at her.

"Thank me when we're all safe. I'll see you all outside." I say and she smiles. I move inside where the gunfire has calmed down only slightly. "Going back the way I came is too risky. If I'm Roach I'm headed to the third floor security room for information. The guys are probably causing problems for the Tangos." I say as I begin to move through the halls quietly. I use my Vastayan hearing as I move past corpses. "My main objective is to meet up with either Roach or the guys. My secondary objective is to search for survivors." I whisper as I move.

I walk down the hall and look at the corpses. I take a shaky breath as I pass a group of Vastayan that were lined up against the wall, and shot like animals. "Mommy!" A little girl sobs. I look over to see a human girl shaking a Vastayan woman.

"You alright Kiddo?" I ask and move next to her. I kneel down to her level while still keeping an eye out.

"Mama and Papa won't wake up! Some bad men came in and they made me hide!" She sobs making me frown.

"What's your name?" I ask her and she sniffles.

"Gaia." She whispers softly and I nod.

"Well Gaia my name is Grey, but my friends call me Truck. Listen to me. I need you to be a big girl okay? Can you do that for me?" I ask and she nods while holding back her tears. "These Bad Men hurt your Mama and Papa. I'm here to hurt the Bad Men. Can I take you to some nice people who can protect you?" I ask and she nods. "Get on my back and I'll take you to them." I say and wince as she hops on my back. I begin to take her to the parking deck. As we get closer we see some of the Tangos. I go to get a good vantage point until I see Wolf and Omega.

"Grey!" Omega yells not seeing the Enemies because of the wall. The men look at me and begin to fire up on me. I fall back while laying down suppressing fire, I see one pull out a grenade, he goes to throw it at Omega and Wolf as they push, I take a quick breath to steady my body, and I shoot the grenade forcing it to detonate. The initial explosion followed by the concussive force, destroyed the two nearby stores, which causes rubble to block me off.

"Oh no!" Gaia says and I nod.

"We're going to go through the basement and get to them that way." I say and she nods. As I retrace our steps we can hear the faint sounds of gunshots further into the Mall. (The Mall is only 500,000 square feet less than Mall America. So it's pretty fuckin big.)

"Mr.Grey? Are the police coming to help?" Gaia asks and I frown.

"I don't know Gaia." I whisper and she hugs me tighter.

"I'm scared." She whispers and I reach back to pat her head.

"I'm scared too. But I'm going to protect you." I say and she nods. We move downstairs and I see the elevator is open.