𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫

Start from the beginning

The god growled and held his ankle in pain.

Annabeth and Grover rushed over to Percy in shock.

"You okay?" Grover asked him. "You hurt?"

Percy nodded his head no and looked around, he locked eyes with me while I was sitting on the floor. The blood wouldn't stop pumping out of my leg.

"Rayn!" Percy ran over. He saw my bleeding leg and his eyes widened. "Holy shit."

He bent down to try stop the bleeding.  Annabeth and Grover ran over.

"What do I do! How do we make it stop!" Percy yelled at them in distress.

I heard Ares start to slow clap.

"Yay! That was so cool." He stood up and faced us. "You want to know what you really won today? An enemy for life."

His skin started to blaze like a star.

"Don't look at his true form!" Grover yelled and we all turned away from the bright light.

The heat and the light died down, leaving with a thud on the ground.

"It's Hades's helm." Annabeth walked over and grabbed it.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Percy °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I still had my hand on Rayns leg, trying to slow the flow of blood gushing out. Her skin had gone pale like she was going to pass out any moment.

In the distance I heard my mom's voice calling my name, from the cabin we would stay at.

Percy.

I looked up at Grover, he understood what I was trying to say and held Rayns leg instead.

I followed the voice towards the cabin. 

I pushed the familiar door open, hoping my mom would be on the other side.

"Mom?" I looked around the cabin for her. I switched off the radio.

"Quite something isn't it? Using earthquakes to clear the skies?" I turned to see Mrs Dodds. "Lord Poseidon grows bold in his war against his king."

I heard footsteps approaching behind me, I turned to see Annabeth holding the helm and Grover was helping Rayn limp. Her leg had a makeshift bandage made from the bottom of her t-shirt.

"Hades sent you to retrieve it," I realised Mrs Dodds didn't want me dead, "that's been your quest all along."

I took the helm off of Annabeth and slammed it onto the table.

"What are you doing?" Rayn questioned me as Mrs Dodds approached the helm hesitantly.

"Holding up my end of the bargain." I looked over at the fury. "Tell hades I expect him to do the same."

She grabbed the helm carefully, not answering me.

"Please." My lower lip shook a bit but I hid it quickly.